Homebrew EasyTweaks101: Desmume 0.9.9-JIT Jan 13 2013 SVN Build >Activate Full Performance<

• Thread starter CGF
  • Start date
  • Views 28,634
  • Replies 13
  • Likes 1

CGF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Introduction

Desmume 0.9.8 the stable emulator.. The Best NDS emulator around,it runs almost every NDS games perfectly,But poor in game performance,lots of fps drop down especialy in pokemon games(include the latest Black and White 2).

But not with Desmume 0.9.9 JIT version that comes from this site http://nds.baronline.net.ua/
Pokemon games run 50% faster than the stable version.

But to able to unlocked the 50% speed of the emulator we must configure it for ourselves,do a lot of research that sometimes end up making the game unplayable,tutorials that teaches us to override Frameskip to max number like 9,because they say that it was the best way to gain more FPS in Desmume well I know its not,because it only stutters the game like hell and movements of the character in game its like in 100% sensitivity.. I hate it!!!

This thread includes ready to download config files for ur Desmume 0.9.9-JIT and well sorted just read the readme.txt inside the .rar file, it is an easy step by step guide to follow,

This Configuration offers a well balance,stable gameplay of ur favorite NDS game using Desmume JIT emulator, so feel free to test it.:lol:

Click Here to download the config Files

Download

NOTE: Before Proceeding to this Steps make sure u have download the Attachments from above.

Disclaimer:
Credits goes to http://nds.baronline.net.ua/ for The Desmume JIT emulator.
I do not own any of this,the content (config files) included,they are just the edited default config of Desmume JIT,I modified them for the sake of everyone who wanted to play NDS games badly in Desmume,that suffers from low FPS(NDS games like Pokemon Black and White 2).If ever this happens to be a crime or abide some of the rules,I will make sure to close my threads related to this and Get out of Town...

Tested NDS Games
Works Best in Pokemon games(including Black and White 2)
Other games well ... nehhh Im a Pokemon game Fan myself so test it on other games yourself.

Currently Playing NDS Games:
Pokemon Blaze Black and Volt White 2 by Drayano(Its an awesome hack for Pokemon Black and White 2).

Tested System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements (That's my Laptop specs)
Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 900 @2.20GHz 2.19GHz
2GB Ram
Windows 7 32 Bit Operating System
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family/(Built In Video Card)

Recommended System Requirements(My PC specs)
AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+2.40GHz
2GB Ram
Windows 7 32 Bit Operating System
Nvidia 9500GT 1GB ddrII or any video card with OpenGL support for Full emulation experience

How to apply Config files.(make sure that u download the config file attachment above).
1.Download desmume-0.9.9-JIT-x86 Jan 13 2013 svn build at
http://nds.baronline.net.ua/
or use this direct link
http://nds.baronline.net.ua/download.php?file=desmume-0.9.9-JIT-x86-2013-01-13.zip

Note: Make sure its the desmume-0.9.9-JIT-x86 Jan 13 2013 svn build and you are using Windows 7 32bit the config file might not work properly in the other Desmume JIT versions and a 64Bit Windows 7.
2.Extract the files in your Desktop or to your chosen specific path or folder.
3.Open the folder extracted,Then Select your chosen Edition(Performance,Medium,Enchanced) each folder contains the "desmume.ini" config files.
Note: Please refer to the Edition list below information to select the best configuration compatible for your PC and Desmume.
4.Then Finally place the "desmume.ini" config file in the extracted desmume-0.9.9-JIT-x86 folder.
Note:If there is a "desmume.ini" config already,replace it.
5.Then run desmume-0.9.9-JIT-x86.

EDITION LIST

Each Edition Folders includes "desmume.ini" config file, they are sorted this way so that tweaking desmume JIT would be easy as pie.

Performance Edition - If your using Laptop or notebook or a gamer who prefers performance than Graphics Quality, I recommend this settings for you and besides I also use this settings at my Laptop.

Medium Edition - If you have a Low-mid end pc(Pentium IV or lower) that has a video card(not a built in),use this setting its well balanced for Performance = Graphic Quality,just make sure that you have surpass the minimuim requirements above.
There are 3 Medium Edition options to chose from each of them offers Performance and Sound Quality of ur Taste.But the graphic are all set in Medium video settings.
Question: Sound Quality What is This??
Answer: Sound Quality affect the game performance,the lower the sound quality gives more fps but if you chose medium or High sound quality you will lose a lot of Performance but gives a Very good sound Quality for ur game.

Medium video settings + Low Sound Quality- No FPS loss,if you want more game fps
Medium video settings + Medium Sound Quality- 17-20FPS Loss in game(Tested in Pokemon Black and White 2 with AP/AntiPiracy patch no action replay codes)
Medium video settings + High Sound Quality- 27-30FPS Loss in game(Tested in Pokemon Black and White 2 with AP/AntiPiracy patch no action replay codes)

Enchanced Edition - Before using This config Make sure u have passed the recommended system requirements above and Also make sure that your videocard supports "OpenGL",
Then If you are using a Low-mid Standard Rig pc or higher (Dualcore or below,Not yet tested in Quadcore or I7 or a low standard video card like 9500GT, not yet tested on GTX580 or any other powerful video card)
As for the sound quality question, its the same as stated above in "Medium Edition".
High video settings + Low Sound Quality
High video settings + Medium Sound Quality
High video settings + High Sound Quality

TroubleShooting.

#Problem 1: The Desmume drops down fps when opening/loaded a rom for the first time.
Solution:
Windows 7 Additional Desmume FPS tweak.
1.Right click "desmume-0.9.9-JIT-x86.exe".
2.Then select Properties.
3.Click "Compatibility" Tab.
4.Then Tick/Check the following checkbox:
-Disable visual themes
-Disable desktop composition
-Run this program as and Administrator
5.Then leave the rest unchecked, click "Apply" then "OK".

#Problem 2: The game dramatically increase Speed/FPS(100/30) in some place or the game menu and intro cut scenes (ex:Pokemon black and white 2) that it looks like in Sugar rush,very Hyper active, How do I fix this?? I want my game at moderate playable speed.
Solution:
Well I do not include this setting for any edition because of Performance purpose,but if thats ur case you will need to set this up manualy.
open Desmume.exe > then "Config"> Frame Skip >Then Tick or Check "Limit framerate".Then your all done.

Note:This doesn't work 100% in game the overflowing FPS speed in some place might still aquire.After all this is Emulation!!!, random framerates,buggy in game graphic,game stuttering,Fatal errors,incompatible games and by understanding the flaws I welcome you brother.

#Problem 3: What are the ingame controls and tell me how to assign them myself.
Answer:
This are the control assigned in All the Edition settings
Directional Buttons (up,down,left,right):The arrow keys in ur keyboard
Start Button: Enter in keyboard
Select Button: C in keyboard
Button B: A in ur keyboard
Button A: S in ur keyboard
Button Y: X in ur keyboard
Button X: Z in ur keyboard
Button L: Q in ur keyboard
Button R: W in ur keyboard

How To Assign them Manually??
open Desmume.exe > then select "Config"> then click Control Config, and Assign them by yourself.

#Problem 4: How can I remove the FPS Display in the game screen?
Solution: Thats easy..
open Desmume.exe > Click "View" > then "HUD"> Then Uncheck/Tick Display FPS.After that no more annoying fps display on screen.
Note: I enable Display FPS in All Edition config, so that u can easily identify which configuration works best in performance for your pc.

Hope This Helps!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Attachments

• desmume-0.9.9-JIT x86 Jan 13 2013 svn Settings.rar
    9.7 KB · Views: 6,286
Reactions: Totoy_Kamote

EmpError

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you man! This is far better than 9.8 for me! All my graphics bug are fixed now <3 (I play BBVW 1, right now)
I have just one more question:
Can I close the 'black screen' somehow? Its not a too big problem, but annoying, when i try Alt+tabing ^^

waliwal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I start it, it crashes.
I tried Desmume with administrator rights and compatibility settings.
How can I get it working?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
um all right it's a sony vaio net book it say its a 32 bit operating system
its a windows 7 ultimate
THANK U FOR UR HELLP !!!!
PLS reply back
There should be a model number/letters somewhere, like maybe in one of the corners of the screen, or somewhere above the keyboard.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
For those who can play the Enhanced Edition smoothly I recommend that you add this setting:

View>Magnification Filter> HQ2xS

Thank me later. :)

My shity Computer Specs:
Dual CPU 2.0GHz
RAM - 2gig
Video Card - GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS = 512mb

And I'm using the Enhanced Edition with low sound quality with that trick above with no lag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah except for online pvp it's ass