Hacking E66 when Updating Flashed 360?

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As everyone probably knows, a new dashboard update just released recently. Whenever I try to update, it gives me an E66 error. After reading into the error, it seems to be caused by my dvd drive being flashed. I cannot play on Live anymore...

Would updating this firmware to a newer flashed firmware fix this problem I am having? (Note that I believe I have been using an old firmware for a long time. My update is long overdue...)

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
E66: DVD Drive Error - Dvd drive pairing failure: DVD model, or version does not match that of the version expected by the dashboard. OR the firmware version on the drive is older then the firmware version expected by the dashboard. Make sure the DVD drive is of the same version originally included with the console and that it is using either the original firmware included with the console or newer. if drive can eject, read, and write under windows but errors on console, replacing original firmware should fix issue.

It seems that the new update screwed up your DVD drive.
EDIT: After reading through your post again I'm guessing the new update combined with your outdated CFW caused the error. I would try reflashing it to LT+ and see where that gets you.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fudge said:
E66: DVD Drive Error - Dvd drive pairing failure: DVD model, or version does not match that of the version expected by the dashboard. OR the firmware version on the drive is older then the firmware version expected by the dashboard. Make sure the DVD drive is of the same version originally included with the console and that it is using either the original firmware included with the console or newer. if drive can eject, read, and write under windows but errors on console, replacing original firmware should fix issue.

EDIT: After reading through your post again I'm guessing the new update combined with your outdated CFW caused the error. I would try reflashing it to LT+ and see where that gets you.

Ok, will do. You see, my drive isn't crapped completely. It plays games just fine. It just won't let me update the dashboard. I'll try the update, & see if it fixes the problem.

Also, I have Samsung drive, do I use iXtreme LT, or LT+?

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
Fudge said:

Ok, will do. You see, my drive isn't crapped completely. It plays games just fine. It just won't let me update the dashboard. I'll try the update, & see if it fixes the problem.

Also, I have Samsung drive, I use iXtreme LT, right?
Thats why. People are having trouble with flashed Samsung drives and the new dash. From what I've heard you wanna reflash to stock firmware, update, then flash to LT.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fudge said:
gokuguy said:
Fudge said:

Thats why. People are having trouble with flashed Samsung drives and the new dash. From what I've heard you wanna reflash to stock firmware, update, then flash to LT.
Aaaahh, ok then. Thanks.
BTW, I heard there is a new LT+ 2.0 just around the corner. You think I should wait, or just go with 1.1?

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
Fudge said:
gokuguy said:
Fudge said:

Aaaahh, ok then. Thanks.
BTW, I heard there is a new LT+ 2.0 just around the corner. You think I should wait, or just go with 1.1?
Personally I'm waiting, but thats only because I don't flash my 360 myself. If you can reflash at your will I would go for it.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll either do it tomorrow, or play offline until it comes out, whichever I feel is easier. Thanks again.
laugh.gif

EDIT: Just realized... I don't remember if my drive was ms25 or ms28. Since my drive is already flashed, should it matter? Can I go ahead and use the ms25 stock firmware?

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have a spoofed drive. I would flash to stock firmware and wait for 2.0. You won't be able to play any ap25 games so why risk going on live with 1.1.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the stylings of Gabe Newell; Well, after 5 long hours in developement, it was "worth the weight"

It was spoofed. Don't even know why my bro did that... It was spoofed from a samsung ms28 to a samsung ms25. Don't really see the use in that, but oh well.

Going back to stock firmware did the trick. My 360 is now updated, and flashed to Samsung iXtreme LT.

Jungle Flasher was probably the hardest things to deal with ever. It continued to stop reading my drive, along with freezing my pc unless I turned my 360 off and on again. At one point, I thought I had bricked it, because it froze during writing, and failed right then and there, but its all good now.

ALSO, regarding the new firmware, LT+ 2.0, will I really need it? I mean, I have a Samsung drive, which from what I've read, is invulnerable to AP2.5. There wasn't even an LT+ for Samsung.

Will there be an LT+ 2.0 for Samsung drives?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD