ROM Hack Dump retail game using slot 1 flash card?

skill1414

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a few retail games that I would like to dump onto my computer. I also would like to get the .sav from them too.
Is there a way to do this with a DS and Acekard 2i?
Could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or something?

TankTan38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the answer (hopefully).
This is the only slot one dumper out their so don't ask for a different one.
This is also over wifi. So, watch out for some slow times.
Click me!

TankTan38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no (i have never ever in my life done an intro thread on a site aand i dont plan on doing so lol)
Probably not.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, get yourself a dedicated slot2 cart like the Supercard or M3 Perfect to dump games with, if you have a DSphat or lite, that is. It's faster than the dog-slow WiFi version and easier to use since you can do it without involving anyone else or the net, you just use your DS and that's it. Just DLDI patch the dumper program for your slot2 cart, put it on your slot2 and run it in DS mode, follow the prompts and off you go.

I've personally dumped a couple dozen of my own carts using that method.....a couple of which (ones that weren't available previously) are now available to the scene because of me and it's much easier than the lame slow-ass WiFi dumper.

USA DS GAME DUMPERS ARE BADLY NEEDED! It seems the USA dumpers have all quit bothering, so it's up to us regular gamers now to get the USA games to the scene. We need every single USA dump we can get our grubby mitts on. All you gotta do is make sure the admin of various ROM sites get the dump and it WILL show up on the scene.

Oh, and I don't know about the WiFi dumper, but the slot2 dumper DOES have it where you can backup your save from your retail cart. I did it with FF3, which is about the last game I bought before I got flashcarts.
wink.gif

skill1414

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I don't know what a dedicated slot 2 cart is but I have an ezflashV3in1 aswell. Will that work?

Thanks TankTan38, that method works but really slow to dump.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skill1414 said:
Well I don't know what a dedicated slot 2 cart is but I have an ezflashV3in1 aswell. Will that work?

Thanks TankTan38, that method works but really slow to dump.

Yeah, a 3in1 will work as long as you DLDI patch the dumper program for it first. I'm just not a big fan of the 3in1 solutions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Why is it all in lower-case?