Homebrew Dump GB/GBC games using GBA and homebrewed Wii/GCN?

FlitPix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Pokemon Yellow and Crystal on cart, and I'd like to back them their ROMs and savegames using my GBA. I have several other consoles to potentially help with this, including a homebrewed Wii, and a GameCube with GBP and a savegame exploit.
I also have a DS Lite with flashcart, but I'm aware that Slot2 doesn't accept GB/GBC games, so that won't help.

I've already tried the GBA Link Cable Dumper on my Wii, but it doesn't appear to support GB/GBC games due to the GBA's internal switch.
There appears to have been an issue asking for GB/GBC support, and it has been stated to not be possible.

Are there any options for me with my current setup? Is there a Wii/GCN homebrew app I'm missing that I could use? If not, what would be the best option for dumping GB/GBC games?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only hardware option that sounds feasible out of those is the GB Player and GC. I don't know if software exists for the purpose. If not, then yeah a dedicated dumper/flasher would be the way to go.
Better yet, they cost only around $30 from insideGadgets. Took only 13 days to get here from Australia.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see! Thank you, I'll look into this.
You're very welcome. If you're having troubles, then feel free to message Alex, as he has been very helpful with shipping my order.

Reactions: FlitPix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol