Hacking DSTWO stuck at screen showing DS_GAME and current date

sharkgangpolehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i quit a snes game right after i saved and ever since it will only display 2 black screens. the top is all black and the bottom has the current date and DS_GAME is displayed (and u can toggle that on and off but the date always stays)...

i already tried reformatting the sdcard, but to no avail...so i'm looking for any idea as to what i need to do to bring it back to the mainmenu or how to get outta this weird screen.

thanks in advance guys

sharkgangpolehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i kept a few folders(games mostly--but also a few apps like iplayer)--pulled them off the ds and backed them up--and then put them back on after...i didn't think this would be a problem (i assumed that just the config folders mattered?)

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
reformat your card dont use the old folders go to the site and download all your app again remember dont use anything from the old folders meaby the games but if you have a backup of them in your pc use those instead just be surw

sharkgangpolehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no luck... unfortunately... i may have to email the dstwo support team, cuz this is a radnom ass glitch...if anyone has any other ideas of what to do then plz let me know

sharkgangpolehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that is just the _dstwo folder...it didn't work... although i prob didn't due it correct (pulled it outta the big eos 1.08 thingy) ... do u hav a link for the proper firmware? or did i do it right?

http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/faq.htm

also, this site says something about reseting the homebrew, but i have no idea how to use it... and i found the firmware here too lol..

midnightshinigam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.y-gallery.net
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me twice when I turned on my DSi and clicked on the icon.

The way I fixed it was by reformatting the mircoSD card and then redownloaded the EOS 1.08 to use. It worked both times when it happened. Try doing that.

But if that's not working to you email the team and see what they say.

sharkgangpolehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...i tryed that...and still no dice -- thanks tho. At least now i know that someone has had this same problem and had success resolving it.

sharkgangpolehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did try a full format using the program SD Formatter to ensure it was completely formatted...however, i have not yet tryed a dif eos... so i'll get on that

sharkgangpolehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k guys, thanks for all the help, but in the end i decided to just simply let the ds battery die while at that screen -- presto, fixed. haha
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo