Hacking DSTWO PLUS will be released in October

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sad thing is, even though I already have a Gateway for my 3DS, I could actually use this. My old original DStwo seems to be having problems running anything that would require its onboard hardware (such as the GBA and the SNES emulation) and would hard lock within seconds, if not minutes of running. Given how warm the card feels when this happens, I get the feeling it is probably failing after several years of service.

And despite what the haters here think, it is actually handy to be able to have .3ds roms instead of trying to put everything into a .cia to install. Especially since none of htem will explain how the hell I'm supposed to be able to launch my ambassador GBA games or any of my DSiware games.

I could see at least getting one of these two replace my aging and probably failing DStwo in my DSi XL. And/or a second for running on my 3DS XL, if not if I ever have to upgrade to an N3DS XL.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, does the Gateway mode at least work on 9.3+?
No it works up to 9.2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The sad thing is, even though I already have a Gateway for my 3DS, I could actually use this. My old original DStwo seems to be having problems running anything that would require its onboard hardware (such as the GBA and the SNES emulation) and would hard lock within seconds, if not minutes of running. Given how warm the card feels when this happens, I get the feeling it is probably failing after several years of service.

And despite what the haters here think, it is actually handy to be able to have .3ds roms instead of trying to put everything into a .cia to install. Especially since none of htem will explain how the hell I'm supposed to be able to launch my ambassador GBA games or any of my DSiware games.

I could see at least getting one of these two replace my aging and probably failing DStwo in my DSi XL. And/or a second for running on my 3DS XL, if not if I ever have to upgrade to an N3DS XL.
If you own a gateway card use AGB_FIRM or Retroarch for full speed GBA emulation :teach:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No it work up to 9.2
So basically it's just a Supercard with a slightly better CPU and a stolen Gateway mode that still doesn't do anything new. That's really disappointing actually, like if they are going to steal a feature, at least go the extra mile and go for better support.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you own a gateway card use AGB_FIRM or Retroarch for full speed GBA emulation :teach:
And... how do I do that?

Nobody still will explain how the heck they expect me to believe that I can just magically install CFW without bricking the thing, let alone expect me to believe that it won't require owning some shitty game that now goes for $90 on ebay because it's needed for the exploit(s). It doesn't help that my 3DS XL's front cameras simply do not work, and thus I can't QR code anything.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically it's just a Supercard with a slightly better CPU and a stolen Gateway mode that still doesn't do anything new. That's really disappointing actually, like if they are going to steal a feature, at least go the extra mile and go for better support.
Pretty Much and i'm sure gateway is gonna start another brick fest once they drop 3.5 with cheat support :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And... how do I do that?

Nobody still will explain how the heck they expect me to believe that I can just magically install CFW without bricking the thing, let alone expect me to believe that it won't require owning some shitty game that now goes for $90 on ebay because it's needed for the exploit(s). It doesn't help that my 3DS XL's front cameras simply do not work, and thus I can't QR code anything.
Homemenuhax/rxTools/Patch AGB_FIRM/Retroarch just read the forums, you seem like a negative Nancy so i'm gonna leave it at that.

Reactions: fmkid

meinhard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And just to add to that, I just got an email from gateway confirming that the DSTwo Plus is a clone and is NOT in any way affiliated or have a deal with Gateway.
They said that with the next big update coming which will bring cheats support, they can't guarantee that the DSTwo will be compatible with the updates and may cause issues or even the 3ds to lock/brick.
So that answers that question :P

EDIT: SS of email to confirm:
b44a02153a.png
Is gateway team still using the infamous brickcode for gw unauthorised clones? If yes, the dstwo plus should be absolutely avoided...

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is gateway team still using the infamous brickcode for gw unauthorised clones? If yes, the dstwo plus should be absolutely avoided...
No they removed it a while back since it effected a total of 3 people but im sure its gonna come back in some form

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No mention of having to reinstall gateway firmware after dstwo use. That's the only issue right now. If they can hammer out that issue, I'm buying.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Some people seem to spread their opinion as fact. Everything is speculation until we see if the DSTWO+ can stand Gateways blocks. Gateway emulation is surely not the best but let's not forget that SC advertises it as such unlike the other clones.

Reactions: MrMandraque

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people seem to spread their opinion as fact. Everything is speculation until we see if the DSTWO+ can stand Gateways blocks. Gateway emulation is surely not the best but let's not forget that SC advertises it as such unlike the other clones.
Even if it passes no one really has an incentive to care at all :wink:

meinhard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Honestly, my question is: why they bother to release a clone of something that's half-dead already? I think almost everyone with a hackable 3ds already got gw or a cfw...

Reactions: MrMandraque

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, my question is: why they bother to release a clone of something that's half-dead already? I think almost everyone with a hackable 3ds already got gw or a cfw...
Yeah if this dropped like a year ago before CFW started popping up this would sell like hot cakes and constantly be out of stock.

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Obviously SC team is the same of Gateway, the ones who were saying GBA and SNES roms support would come soon™. As many people has mentioned by mail screenshots, they were working on it™.
In my opinion team SC's restyle of Gateway flashcart is a smart move since they are advertising it as "it can play GBA and SNES roms", all things that a CFW could do but in an all-wrapped simple flahcart fashion. Believe me, people will buy eet.

D

Deleted User

The guy that emailed Gateway says SuperCard has NO DEAL WITH GATEWAY WHATSOEVER.

I look forward to the upcoming brickfest awww yissss :gun::gun:

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o