Hacking DSTWO PLUS will be released in October

MrMandraque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We must not forget that the gateway uses a software hack obfuscated with hardware ... so that's normal.
I think the plugin gateway system is a simple jute temporary folder in ram ...
Obviously we should expect a hardware AND software hack.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm not sure about the longevity of this cart. Gateway will go out of business Soon™ because of CFW and without Gateway the DSTwo+ basically is just the standard DStwo.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure you share profit in a corporate partnership...

Yes but what's more likely, that Gateway is looking to share their property with another group looking to make a profit, or that SuperCard simply has no shame and is ripping them off? You have to consider the country we're talking about here..

Last edited by kiwiis,

MrMandraque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure about the longevity of this cart. Gateway will go out of business Soon™ because of CFW and without Gateway the DSTwo+ basically is just the standard DStwo.
I'm not sure me too, but if it can "emulate" a gateway, it means that the flash and FPGA / CPLD is "hackable" (custom payload, whatever ...) so it can emulate other hardware ...
DSTWO had a dual flash and DSTwo quadflash...
Supercard team had many update... don't forget the DSTwo was not manufactured for 3DS system but it's compatible...

Alberto2345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not if they've implemented it right. Perhaps the old stuff they were using wasn't power efficient.
But I guess we won't know for sure until its released.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
That's not sure. If they made it power efficient, it can be more powerful but less battery consuming than the original model.
Consuming battery is actually a software issue on the side of the 3DS. The handheld constantly polls the cart to make sure it's a) legit b) still inserted and c) check its name. a and c put load on the DSTWO CPU because it has to pretend to be a legit copy of Alex Rider: Stormbreaker. This isn't an issue on a normal DS because it lacks these new AP measures, and the DSTWO can just show up as a DSTWO.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Consuming battery is actually a software issue on the side of the 3DS. The handheld constantly polls the cart to make sure it's a) legit b) still inserted and c) check its name. a and c put load on the DSTWO CPU because it has to pretend to be a legit copy of Alex Rider: Stormbreaker. This isn't an issue on a normal DS because it lacks these new AP measures, and the DSTWO can just show up as a DSTWO.
I never said the opposite ; but even if the 3DS "forces" the internal CPU to be used, it does not prevent them from making it more efficient.
And actually, (serious question) can't they make the card detect if it is used or not, and therefore disable the CPU when it's not in use? Since the basic DS flashcards don't have any CPU and still work...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I never said the opposite ; but even if the 3DS "forces" the internal CPU to be used, it does not prevent them from making it more efficient.
And actually, (serious question) can't they make the card detect if it is used or not, and therefore disable the CPU when it's not in use? Since the basic DS flashcards don't have any CPU and still work...
But to the cart, that counts as being in use. If it ignored those requests from the 3DS then the 3DS would not see the cart plugged in which would be a problem.
The way the DSTWO emulates a real cart is a bit different from how the carts without a CPU do it, which is why they have never needed to release a new hardware revision, and is how it can bypass every AP measure in games without patching out the check (using Clean Mode). It doesn't NEED an onboard CPU to work on the 3DS, but that's the way the hardware was designed, it's too late to change that now. It's far more future proof than what other flashcarts did anyway, just look at the R4i Gold's many hardware revisions.
The solution is to simply not leave the 3DS on the home menu when not in use.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
But to the cart, that counts as being in use. If it ignored those requests from the 3DS then the 3DS would not see the cart plugged in which would be a problem.
The way the DSTWO emulates a real cart is a bit different from how the carts without a CPU do it, which is why they have never needed to release a new hardware revision, and is how it can bypass every AP measure in games without patching out the check (using Clean Mode). It doesn't NEED an onboard CPU to work on the 3DS, but that's the way the hardware was designed, it's too late to change that now. It's far more future proof than what other flashcarts did anyway, just look at the R4i Gold's many hardware revisions.
The solution is to simply not leave the 3DS on the home menu when not in use.
Or remove the DSTWO because Streetpass

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if our staff contacts can get a review copy of this bad boy. SuperCard has always been a rock solid cart solution, whether it be the DSOne/ DSTwo or any of the others they have produced.

That said, I will believe it when I see it. This was announced (at least to the staff) like back last winter. Since then we have heard thing about it.

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I wonder if our staff contacts can get a review copy of this bad boy. SuperCard has always been a rock solid cart solution, whether it be the DSOne/ DSTwo or any of the others they have produced.

That said, I will believe it when I see it. This was announced (at least to the staff) like back last winter. Since then we have heard thing about it.
Wondering the same...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Certified Nin10yearold (tm)