Hacking DSTWO is not spring loaded anymore

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bit of a fail on the build quality here. I got this DSTWO 4 hours ago and the spring loading is already broken...and now it quires a small screwdriver to get the SD card out.

Not a fan of it anyway!

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Valwin said:
my spring stop working a week ago after almost a year best dam card ever buy very please

Yeah it's a great card. Was just trying out Free Cheat and it's great fun, brings back my gamehacking days with CE
yaynds.gif

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Yeah, the spring broke within 10 minuites of me owning it, i prefer it though it's less hassle because my sd card doesn't get caught
tongue.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used the spring only the first day, as it's not easy to "click" it to stay in place. I have to try many time until it stay inserted.
So, to remove the SD card I don't push it, I just grab it like if it was not spring. It word very well and I don't need anything special to remove it.

My complain is more about removing the DSTwo from the 3DS itself, it's stay "down" when I push it.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how you all have problems with it. Its like when people feel the need to slam a stapler to staple just 3 sheets of paper together.

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
someonewhodied said:
I don't see how you all have problems with it. Its like when people feel the need to slam a stapler to staple just 3 sheets of paper together.

I don't think using too much force is the problem...I for one use hardly any force and only use force if truly needed.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I stopped using the spring along time ago. I just clicked in there once and now pull the card out with my thumb nail. I can't stand that spring, it either never works or shoots my microSD card across the room. I don't even use it in my Acecard nor Supercard DSOnei anymore.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only problem I've ever had with the spring in mine is when it shot my microSD card across a dimly lit room onto dark carpeting.
I would almost prefer for it not to have a spring, or perhaps to glue the spring in place.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had several cards over the years and I find those with spring load, have better track record with maintaining contact of the SD card to the adapter... Those without (I live in tropical climate) tend to oxidize too quickly and need frequent cleaning...to maintain good contact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...