Hacking DSiWare Downgrade with almost ANY DSiWare Game!

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I see, the best test to see if an injected game can actually transfer is to export then import the injected game with an unhacked, clean firm. Then boot it also with clean firm to see if it works.

This here is a handy little thing I use to test things (with a9lh only) it launches a clean, unpatched firm as mentioned above. Run it as a payload with luma3ds: sd:/luma/payloads/<here>

So this will load an a9lh 3ds without signature patch? And I run it by pressing a designated button upon boot?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So this will load an a9lh 3ds without signature patch? And I run it by pressing a designated button upon boot?
It will boot your system as if it was completely unhacked. This is to simulate the target system, which of course will run clean firm was well.

You can run it by assigning a button like up_arm9loaderhax_clean.bin or updating to the latest luma commit and holding start at boot to get the new built-in chainloading menu and launch it there (how I do it).

Reactions: Quantumcat

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone managed to do a DSIware downgrade with this news and a system transfer? I've seen several people failing to find their DSIware with EU 3DS.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to do a DSIware downgrade with this news and a system transfer? I've seen several people failing to find their DSIware with EU 3DS.
I did US and it works. I tried JPN and it didn't I'm not sure about EU.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did EU last night, worked for me. I've updated my n3ds just to test if it would work.

-Edit-

And I've used SUDOKU. Worked like a charm, my n3ds is back to 9.2

Last edited by Molina,

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the guide say for injecting the game and the save, I don't have the knowledge to walk out the trail.
I've followed every step and it worked.
NVM, you said you did it last night so it's probably the Godmode9 method.

Ds4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yep, it didn't work for me either...
Can anyone tell me if I can just use my source 2ds (restore the sysNand) while I'm planning to restore back the system transfer next week ? what is going to happen then

Rain_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Ok, here's my current situation:

I have a N3DS on 11.2 with a myriad of DSi Ware titles (most importantly, it has both Four Swords and Legends of Exidia), this is my main 3DS and I don't see me "custom firmwaring" it anytime soon.
I have a O3DS on 11.0 with Legends of Exidia, I'm waiting on slowhax to install custom firmware on this 3DS.

Preferably, I wish to not buy Sudoku - it's only two dollars, but it's a game I don't care about.

I see that the guide was updated with the new method and removed the methods with LoE and Four Swords. I already saved a local copy on my machine. I read some of the thread and people are focusing on the new exploits (understandably, as the original DSiWare titles are not available in some regions), but I wonder if the old method will still work/will be back on the guide at some point in time.

Should I fire up ctr-httpwn on my O3DS and buy Sudoku?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's my current situation:

I have a N3DS on 11.2 with a myriad of DSi Ware titles (most importantly, it has both Four Swords and Legends of Exidia), this is my main 3DS and I don't see me "custom firmwaring" it anytime soon.
I have a O3DS on 11.0 with Legends of Exidia, I'm waiting on slowhax to install custom firmware on this 3DS.

Preferably, I wish to not buy Sudoku - it's only two dollars, but it's a game I don't care about.

I see that the guide was updated with the new method and removed the methods with LoE and Four Swords. I already saved a local copy on my machine. I read some of the thread and people are focusing on the new exploits (understandably, as the original DSiWare titles are not available in some regions), but I wonder if the old method will still work/will be back on the guide at some point in time.

Should I fire up ctr-httpwn on my O3DS and buy Sudoku?
old method still works. If you read the guide, it says if you own the previous games like FieldRunners, LoE, 4 Swords etc, you can use the old guide which is linked over there.

Rain_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
old method still works. If you read the guide, it says if you own the previous games like FieldRunners, LoE, 4 Swords etc, you can use the old guide which is linked over there.
I hadn't noticed that the guide updated itself to include the older version. Now I feel like an idiot. :D

Thank you and sorry for polluting the thread even more.

ZhafuanZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I want to do a dsiware downgrade from my old 3ds to my new3ds xl. The problem is that my old 3ds is US and my n3ds is JP.
So, my idea is to change the region of the old 3ds to jp and then downgrade my new3ds xl. After that I change the region back of the o3ds back to us. Is this safe??

And this is what I found on the guide: "Region changing using ctrtransfer (which this method uses) seems to cause reboot patches to break. The cause for this is unknown, but for now Old 3DS users will be unable to play extended memory mode games (such as Monster Hunter, Super Smash Bros, and Pokémon Sun / Moon)."

So, if I change the region of the o3ds back to US, it can't play pokemon moon/sun?

Reactions: DonJav

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@zoogie I test a Sudoku Dsiware (EUR) with the injected save and boot up the payload that you gave me. I made sure that it's a clean firm that im on since the injected FBI has no icon. The dsiwarehax work, so does it mean that if I do system transfer it to another EUR 3DS it will also work?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
@zoogie I test a Sudoku Dsiware (EUR) with the injected save and boot up the payload that you gave me. I made sure that it's a clean firm that im on since the injected FBI has no icon. The dsiwarehax work, so does it mean that if I do system transfer it to another EUR 3DS it will also work?

Nice testing :3!~ If there was a donor system..

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice testing :3!~ If there was a donor system..
I will have a test system tomorrow. It's 8:41PM now here in the middle east so 15 hours from now. I wanted to try a JPN Dsiware game but @Ronhero is already doing one so i'll just wait for his report. Though I can do one now, but testing means buying so i'll wait for him since he already bought the game hehe.

Reactions: proflayton123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: