Hacking DSiWare Downgrade with almost ANY DSiWare Game!

wiiu more like pee u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTED FROM PLAILECT:

"This has been released following Legends of Exidia getting pulled earlier today.

This works because one can paste over any DSiWare title's `.app` on the source system with a different DSiWare title's `.app` to replace it. It will launch just fine as long as the file size of the `.app` does not change.

The way FBI pastes over existing files performs in exactly the manner we want, overwriting the beginning of the file with our replacement data but not removing the old file, keeping the file size if the replacement is smaller.

Note that the savedata bin inside the `public.sav` file must be replaced, but not the entire `public.sav`file. For now this requires a PC.

In this case, it allows us to replace nearly any DSiWare title with SUDOKU v0 and sudokuhax."

It seems that the best titles for this are SUDOKU and Rytik Rock Edition, as they're both exploitable and only $1.99. They CANNOT be pirated and must still be bought from the eShop!

Last edited by wiiu more like pee u, , Reason: spelling error

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
also they can't pull those games either since its not an exploit with the game and its a flaw with system transfer if you inject the old version of sudoku into a dsiware game with out modifying the size of the app and public sav files the game will be able to be transferred in system transfer

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
When you need to pull half of your games from the eShop to get rid of the exploit:
miVJJzi.jpg

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's now explained in the guide as I see, but I don't really get it yet. Maybe I'll need to read it twice.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well this was doable even before this guide came out all you had to do was find the old sudokuhax and the hax save file and on your already cfw 3ds overwrite the files with fbi of the new sudohax you got from the eshop

Reactions: Rei Rukh

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
there not going to pull all the games because the flaw is in the 3ds not the game they will make a firmware update to patch it
There you go with another correct and good post again. What's gotten into you? ;p

Going to reward you by removing that ignore link from my sig :P

Last edited by zoogie,
D

Deleted User

Will it work with dsi ware games bought on the dsi shop and transferred to the 3ds ?

Last edited by ,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
say if your source 3ds has a bunch of homebrew cias and homebrew dsiware can you just tranfer them to the target 3ds or will it not work or just not transfer the homebrew stuff and only the legit games you bought from the eshop

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
say if your source 3ds has a bunch of homebrew cias and homebrew dsiware can you just tranfer them to the target 3ds or will it not work or just no transfer the homebrew stuff
Only the legit purchased ones will be transferred, everything else will be ignored/wont be transferred to the target system.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It will not work with every DSiWare, a minimum size is needed for .app and public.sav
Plailect is damn fast. updaded guide

There is a list of compatible DSiWare: list

Reactions: clancy94

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1