Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ Spinal, small bug found
cry.gif
:-

Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet or not, but a lot of people are having trouble with DSision/YSmenu ROM launching
They try launching & all what happens is YSmenu starts up but doesn't run the ROM

I've found out that it's because DSision is putting the wrong path into the AUTO_BOOT line of YSMenu.ini
It's making 'AUTO_BOOT=ds games/xxxxxxx.nds' yet the people don't have the ROMs in a 'ds games' folder (they have them in the root directory usually) so it should really be 'AUTO_BOOT=xxxxxxx.nds'

After telling them to put them into a 'ds games' folder cures it for them but why is it doing it in the first place ??

Any chance you can look into this ? - if it need to be left as it is perhaps you can let 'Jester13' know so that he can alter his Guide to include a step of 'Place your ROMs into a 'ds folder' for YSmenu to work properly'

Cheers
grog.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
trojax said:
Does it works with EDGE?
unsure.gif

i am noob......
Unfortunately I can't help - there's hasn't been an entry @ This Thread for an EDGE card.

If the EDGE can run homebrew software I can't really see why not

All I can suggest is back up the files on your EDGE card (just to be safe) & give it a try yourself.
Any problem's, post back here & I'm sure someone could possibly help

Don Tonberry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Supercard DS One (SDHC) and I installed the Fourfold loader but when i turn the DS on, it won't load DSision. It has the start screen but then gets stuck at the 2 green screens (loading on bottom, time on top)

I loaded it from YSmenu and it works though

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
To Spinal: I've noticed a few people keep asking similar questions about problems with DSision.
Hope you don't mind but I've created a DSision F.A.Q.Problems thread that hopefully answers a few of them.
If you like you can post a link to it

To Everyone: As mentioned above - There's a thread of some of the more 'common' problems. Can I ask that IF you had a problem & found a fix (that actually works) can you post your solution there
(Try & keep the 'format' of the page the same, Question/Problem in BOLD followed by solution in normal text - also try & make the post 'neat' as well so any steps taken can be clearly seen)

Many thanks

smitty96

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey Spinal, I was trying to make the DSi theme more DSi-like by adding icons and sounds, but I've run into a few problems.
A. sounds don't play at all in April release, only click sound in January release
B. My icons and icon frame are glitched up
Here are the icons and icon frame:
Screenshot.png

Screenshot-1.png

But here's what they look like in DSision:
HNI_0001.JPG

HNI_0002.JPG

I edited some of the icons that were already in the theme, none of them had the right colors though, so I converted them to RGB and then back to 256 colors. I think the problem might be in the file size, but I dont know how to change it without changing the picture itself. Thanks,

-Tim

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
DSision is a great firmware replacement (is now a permanent fixture on my card despite a few problems which may be due to YSmenu I am unsure) and easily deserves the prize Spinal.

Sucking up over

You going to turn DSi4DS into a firmware replacement like this spinal?

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

Today I set up DSision2 onto my M3 DS Simply, hoping it would fix something neither YS Menu nor the M3 Simply v1.14 Firmware could fix.

What I am talking about is an Autosave issue - one found when booting NRL Mascot Mania or AFL Mascot Manor.

The above 2 games I believe are set to Autosave, although never do, so upon completing a level then shutting down my DS, I cannot resume my progress next time I play - instead I have to begin the whole game again.

I have come across this issue since release, back in July I believe.

Does anyone know of any fixes to this Autosave issue?

Thanks for your time.
- raiderscrusade !

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raiderscrusade said:
Hello.

Today I set up DSision2 onto my M3 DS Simply, hoping it would fix something neither YS Menu nor the M3 Simply v1.14 Firmware could fix.

What I am talking about is an Autosave issue - one found when booting NRL Mascot Mania or AFL Mascot Manor.

The above 2 games I believe are set to Autosave, although never do, so upon completing a level then shutting down my DS, I cannot resume my progress next time I play - instead I have to begin the whole game again.

I have come across this issue since release, back in July I believe.

Does anyone know of any fixes to this Autosave issue?

Thanks for your time.
- raiderscrusade !
DSision2 uses YSMenu to boot commercial games, so no, it won't fix your problem.

enfilade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off i have to say thanks to spinal for developing such a nice looking GUI. You brought new life to alot of people's old flash cards! it is awesome. I am having a problem editing some of the default icons in dsision. I thought the best way to show you what i mean is by making a diagram:

dsigreen.jpg

dsiwhite.jpg

ipodwhite.jpg

So basically all i want to do is have the nds_frame icon from the dsi skin load up the same way they do in the ipod skin. I can't understand what is happening when i change the color from green to white. All i am using is MS paint. And the default icon from the ipod skin is white, and that works, so why not for the dsi skin?

Any tips would be alot of help, i am creating a nice skin based off of a skin i had for R4 which is just based off of the actual DS firmware.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
You need to edit the theme.ini. I forget what the value is called, but it tells DSision which colour to mask out when showing the icon. You will need to find the palette index for that dolour, but that should be easy in most paint apps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare