Homebrew DSision 3

stallonef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After scouring through pages of google searches, I found DSision 2 (pronounced like decision), and I have to say, it is absolutely amazing.
Im working on a slightly better version of this menu cause I LOVE IT.
I have a TTDS and we all know how crap that menu is.

20090120dsision2ndsappl.png

This will be an unofficial release
________________________________________________________________________________
-Animated menu instead of the static images
-Skin support
-Ability to Unhide files/folders
-Faster load times for games
-Faster load times for starting up
-working slider.
-working touchscreen
-new options menu with more options
-better General layout
-comes made with old DSision themes and 2 more new ones
________________________________________________________________________________
Im in Summer school right now and im only 17 years old so I have a life. But im like 30 percent done this and ive been working on it for a few weeks. So it should be released in about considering I am going to Japan soon and then University 2 months.

Ill need bug testers and everything in about 3 weeks. I will edit this thread constantly

UPDATE 2
Production halted temporaily.
-Stallone

stallonef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea this wont play Retail game directly. But there has already been a fix to that.

You use YSmenu. theres a bunch of guides on how to do it everywhere. Just do some searching.
Right now i play roms using my ds everyday with DSision2. I have the YSmenu linked to it. And i will plan to do the same with this one im making.

stallonef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
um there arnt rights or anything on it is there? :S

I dont really know the unspoken law of homebrew lol.

stallonef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dang. i find it pretty dumb that someone cant make a program better if its released to the public. If anything i'd be happy.

But thats a topic for another time.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i take it this is completely your own work, not using spinal's source code. if so, change the name and you're sweet. if you are using spinals source, stop till he says its ok.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Trust me, doing this without Spinal's permission would be like kicking him in the nads. It's just not right, and he's gonna get pissed off. Talk to him, and negotiate something. Who knows - maybe he'll give you the green light to continue.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Trust me, doing this without Spinal's permission would be like kicking him in the nads. It's just not right, and he's gonna get pissed off. Talk to him, and negotiate something. Who knows - maybe he'll give you the green light to continue.
I agree

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:

very true... I like dsision 2 a lot but it lacks sdhc support..

stallonef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well its still being developed, well not until i get spinals go i guess, But if i do i can always see if i can get sdhc working. Didnt really think of it till it was mentioned.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
stallonef said:
Yea this wont play Retail game directly. But there has already been a fix to that.

You use YSmenu. theres a bunch of guides on how to do it everywhere. Just do some searching.
Right now i play roms using my ds everyday with DSision2. I have the YSmenu linked to it. And i will plan to do the same with this one im making.

damn im late

i didnt know that .......thanks alot
il be sure to check it out

James_Wulfe

Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
stallonef said:
um there arnt rights or anything on it is there? :S

I dont really know the unspoken law of homebrew lol.

Thou shalt not rippeth thy fellow coders work or thy look like an asshole.

QUOTE(stallonef @ Jul 9 2009, 04:58 PM) dang. i find it pretty dumb that someone cant make a program better if its released to the public. If anything i'd be happy.

But thats a topic for another time.

Unless there is a "Source" release, which i believe there is not, it is NOT open to the public, it is there work and theirs alone, if you want to make a new one you should rename it to something else... Spinal is most likely not going to like his work being tampered with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land