Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DS-Xtreme firmware 1.1.2 released

Out now...

Team DS-X have released version 1.1.2 of their DS-Xtreme firwmare. Nothing exciting in this release, just a yawn-fest of bug fixes and support for the new 2GB model, which has, today; begun shipping to retailers.
Team DS-X said:
  • Support for compiled (.cnut) scripts in skinning engine for improved load times
  • Support for compiled media files, textures, and palettes
  • Support for 2GB (16Gb) hardware
  • Preliminary support for X and Y buttons in UI
  • Some additional widget API implemented for upcoming features
  • Support for unicode text in scripts and settings files
  • Updated font rendering library to more recent version
  • Removed alignment requirement in Libfat/DLDI driver hook
  • Changed IRQ handling to support nested interrupts (Internal change, not relevant to end-use at this time)
  • Doubled virtual eeprom size to resolve compatibility issues (now 512KB)
  • Fixed a known bug in Libfat/DLDI driver hook routines which could potentially cause issues with some homebrew on writes. (Note that we had not seen this issue manifest, but decided to resolve it preemptively)
icon11.gif
Source & Download

Thanks to thegame07 for the news!

LiDDiS

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What a joke. I got a ds-x when they first came out, wish I'd waited for other slot-1 cards. Half the features, twice the price!
Not to mention the DS-X team shit in their customer's faces on a regular basis.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you think you're brave enough then sell it and buy another flash card and don't start bashing a great Nintendo DS flash card when there's a news about an update which isn't required because nearly everything works perferct :-\

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I updated my DS-X, works fine. I'm still annoyed that they don't have a platform agnostic updater. Sure it updates under wine on Linux but I don't see why you can't copy a .bin file in the root directory and upon next boot-up you'll see an "Updating..." screen.

Oh well, it's not like I've been too impressed lately. Although I can't see getting anything else anytime soon since I don't play that many DS games. and it supports everything I want to play.

When the time comes I'll probably upgrade to an R6.25 and give the DS-X to my sister.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you think you're brave enough then sell it and buy another flash card and don't start bashing a great Nintendo DS flash card when there's a news about an update which isn't required because nearly everything works perferct :-\

But it still doesn't have IGR support.. I figured that was one feature that was mandatory in this day in age

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The ds-xtreme will never have things like cheat menus simply because they have a no rom talk attitude( which they stand by for a good reason). After you update theres no diffrence you cant even notice anything so yes its just bug fixes
biggrin.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The ds-xtreme will never have things like cheat menus simply because they have a no rom talk attitude( which they stand by for a good reason). After you update theres no diffrence you cant even notice anything so yes its just bug fixes
biggrin.gif
What reason is that then? That they will get shut down? Lots of other sites talk about ROMs but don't link to them (like this one) and they're still around. Is there another reason?

- Sam

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well for a start gbatemp dont make flash cards that can run roms. The ds-x team are located in a place where it is illegal to make devices that allow roms. So if they advertise they support roms they would get shut down.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I updated my DS-X, works fine. I'm still annoyed that they don't have a platform agnostic updater. Sure it updates under wine on Linux but I don't see why you can't copy a .bin file in the root directory and upon next boot-up you'll see an "Updating..." screen.

Oh well, it's not like I've been too impressed lately. Although I can't see getting anything else anytime soon since I don't play that many DS games. and it supports everything I want to play.

When the time comes I'll probably upgrade to an R6.25 and give the DS-X to my sister.

Likewise. My sister is planning on getting an R4 soon, but I'll just give her my DS-X and keep the R4, she really doesn't care, as long as it works.
tongue.gif

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
lol where are the ds-x fanboys? i would laugh at their faces

not to mention they said something BIG would happen in ds-x scene

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not to mention they said something BIG would happen in ds-x scene
Heh. Team DS-X had huge potential in the market with English support and an advanced product but they've completely blown it and "lost" to an Eastern product supported by like 2 guys that don't even speak decent English.

We plan to re-score all reviews soon, and the DS-X will definitely not be on top.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Um.. I think DS-X is a good flashcart. I personally prefer my R4, but how many other flashcarts boast uber NDS rom compat AND have BLINKING LEDS!?!?! DANCE LITTLE LEDS!

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Meh, i´m quite happy with my Ds-X.
It plays games and that´s about it what i wanted. Also, when i try uptade, it tells me my cart is a unknown device :wtf:

serg0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once thought of getting a DS-X, what was I thinking. Good thing I got an r4 and m3 Lite perfect for the same price. XD

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I was pretty much sold on the DS-X after GBAtemp's review, but I decided to wait, and then came the R4
tongue.gif

it seems everyone has something bad to say about the DS-X now, well, at least they haven't completely abandoned it

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
I got a DS-X when they first came out (one for my girlfriend, too). It was the first DS cart I owned (had an EZFA for GBA before). I used it quite a bit, and it was all I knew in terms of carts. Then, I read about the R4, saw all the support for it, and the massive amount of praise for it. So, I decided to order an R4.

Two weeks later, my R4 arrives, and I notice that I need to load everything on the microSD first. "Oh, I'm not used to that, the DS-X is all on the cart itself. Oh well". Then after all is loaded and set up, I turn it on.

The next 10 seconds was of pure bliss. "Holy crap, it loaded itself pretty damn fast! Oh damn, the rom list loaded instantly! Holy shit, I'm already in the game!" See, the DS-X takes almost a full 5 minutes from power on to playing a game. I'm not kidding, it's as slow as it gets. Both my cart and my girlfriend's was that way. I used to turn it on, and set it aside to do something else while waiting.

Needless to say, my DS-X isn't used much... at all. I'll probably sell it, if anyone actually wants that slow thing. It's a night and day change from the DS-X to the R4. Oh, and skin support for the DS-X is pretty much non-existent. Quite a let down, there. I've already ordered another R4 for the lady, she's looking forward to it, that's for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up