ROM Hack DS touch screen tablet?

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you guys think that a PC tablet that uses the DS touch screen is possible? Kind of like pictochat and the DS joypad put together to control things on the PC monitor.

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking more in the lines of a graphic tablet like Wacom.

My idea was that you'd be able to open up a canvas on Photoshop, Fireworks, etc. and draw on it using the DS touch screen and the stylus. Added features would be like assigning shortcut keys to DS buttons, etc.

I can only dream, right? :|

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
In other words: you want the DS to control the mouse. Which I think DS2key might be able to do, although the project has really crap online documentation (read: none whatsoever) so it's hard to work out what the program actually does without running it. Try it and see
smile.gif

It'd be kinda cool if it works, but don't think of the DS as a long-term replacement for a graphics tablet; the touchscreen's far too small to work with in the long run, and there'd be no pressure sensitivity control.

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, you're right. I do have a graphic tablet but I was going to use it for small stuff like the Oekaki boards.

And yea, I tried DS2Key but I have no idea how to use it. I installed the software on my computer with the drivers and loaded up the NDS but it seems so confusing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o