ROM Hack DS Texture Hacking.

VILE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*HELP NEEDED*

I need help with an .act to ds compatible palette converter. I need someone to write an app that runs the formula on groups of 3 bytes at a time (which will then be used on a raw 24bit palette file [.act]), preferably i would want the program to be drag and drop. If anyone is interested, drop me a pm.

NEWS! I have made a working DS texture hack, pics coming soon!

So far i have been trying to document all the necessary info to build a DS texture and palette decompiler and a recompiler. ATM the recompiler is on higher priority as there are various methods to extract the textures.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
VILE said:
Its not really a waste if they want to do it idiot.
Calling people names won't rally people to your cause
rolleyes.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Not so much the language, more the netiquette. Insulting members isn't advisable.Part of 'netiquette' is not flaming people for a request.
Like NOT saying:QUOTE(Neku_Sakuraba @ Dec 23 2009, 05:20 PM) Who is going to waste their time doing this for you.....
Especially when someone breaks down exactly what they want/need so that someone with coding skills and free time can fill a request.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
twiztidsinz said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Not so much the language, more the netiquette. Insulting members isn't advisable.Part of 'netiquette' is not flaming people for a request.
Like NOT saying:QUOTE(Neku_Sakuraba @ Dec 23 2009, 05:20 PM) Who is going to waste their time doing this for you.....
Especially when someone breaks down exactly what they want/need so that someone with coding skills and free time can fill a request.
I agree that it wasn't right, but retaliating harshly still won't help.

Neku_Sakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
twiztidsinz said:
ProtoKun7 said:
I agree that it wasn't right, but retaliating harshly still won't help.

true i was being a ***hole LOL

VILE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well lets just forget about it.

On Topic: The formula seems to get a color pretty close to that of the original, i haven't tried it on too many colors, but it seems to work with the ones i have tried.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everyone STFU if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all

VILE: I really don't think anyone would have the time to build a program that seems to complicated sorry ^^'' On the other hand if you made this into a project and you yourself started it off with a base to work from then it might develop into something
smile.gif

VILE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well to my understanding this shouldn't be too hard to write (it could be, i don't do much programming myself) and yeh, i might advance on my programming knowledge so i could write this.

VILE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
UPDATE: If you round the numbers up or down on the leftover parts, your output color is closer to your original.

EDIT: Some of my notes are wrong, ive fixed them so they are good now.

VILE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This may sound a little noobish but, how do i recompress a DS file? I have tried using ntcompress from the wii's SDK tools but that just causes the game to crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...