Hacking ds not detecting cyclo ds evo

blaiwesd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Grah, this is becomng very infuriating, after receiving my Cyclo Ev today, I popped it in the ds to get a good ol' "There is no DS Card inserted". Great. so After many reinserts later, the "CycloDS Evolution" pops up. After checking out the interface, I decided to power down the DS. On reboot, there was now just a blank Icon where the Cyclo Ds should have been. Upoon clicking it, the system froze. Now everytime I turn it on I either get no Card inserted or a blank icon, and if I am LUCKY, OCCASIONALLY it will show Cyclo DS. This is extremely dissapointing. I don't know if [they] produced a bad batch or if my card is just faulty, or if [all the cycloevs] are all like this, but I am so far thoroughly dissatisfied with the Cyclo EV. 55+17 shipping = 72 dollars. This non-booting card is definately not worth more than [twice] the cost of the R4 just for download play."

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192

I have already posted this over at the Team Cyclops forums. We'll see what happens. If I were you I would hold out on buying a cyclods evo

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't blow on your parts. That only works on really old consoles. Instead you'll probably get saliva in there.

If the problem is cart connection (ie problematic connectors), try testing by pushing the cart down when you put it in and hold it down to its furthest level whilst starting the ds. that helps me when my passme device isnt recognised.

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should of bought an R4?
laugh.gif

Sounds like you got a defective one, you'll just have to exchange it.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

cheapassdave

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
thats funny cuz im still in the habit of blowing into game hardware. just like last week when my r4's spring stop working and i blew it in...thinking it was going to work.

it didn't.
wink2.gif

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't blow on your parts. That only works on really old consoles. Instead you'll probably get saliva in there.

If the problem is cart connection (ie problematic connectors), try testing by pushing the cart down when you put it in and hold it down to its furthest level whilst starting the ds. that helps me when my passme device isnt recognised.
i usually blow in my ds hole my R4 boots up 1/4 of the time now, i have to blow inside the dsl and the pins on the R4 and after 3-4 tries it boots, but this is also true if i use my ez pass and ez flash iv, guess my white dsl is dying or something lol, although it works perfectly fine on retail games.

blaiwesd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yukine: already have r4, bought this for download play

Looks like others are having issues as well over at the teamcyclops forums.
Teamcyclops has offered to replace the unit. I just hope that after spending the money to have the defective one shipped to hong kong, the replacement works to my satisfaction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus