Hacking Definitive Guide to Make Blocked DS Flashcarts Work Again on 3DS

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I remove TWL_F RM from my new 3DS and install the old 3DS TWL_F RM? My goal is to restore ak2i on n3ds.

Has it been attempted?

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't run, NAND modifications are needed (or so I read) to boot an O3DS FIRM, and even then it runs in an unstable state (the only reason it was done was to dump the OTP with O3DS 2.x NATIVE_FIRM).

Ok so that sounds like theory and switching to a downgraded twl_frm from o3ds onto a n3ds hasn't been attempted?

I'll definitely try it out. It seems like it could only brick the DS part of the 3ds and I could always remove it and reinstall n3ds twl_frm hopefully.

I did notice that o3ds and n3ds have different twl_frm title ids.

My thoughts are delete the n3ds twl_frm, install the o3ds twl_frm and see if it boots! ☺️

Last edited by Classicgamer,

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't have a N3DS to try it, so the disclaimer is more to keep people from bricking their systems doing unverified things.
Please tell us your results.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a N3DS to try it, so the disclaimer is more to keep people from bricking their systems doing unverified things.
Please tell us your results.

ok short answer is it bricks DS mode. i get a black screen - no error just black screen of death. however, i think part of the problem is there is a discrepancy regarding title id.

0004013800000102.cia is o3ds and 0004013820000102.cia is n3ds

with n3ds twl_frm removed and o3ds twl_frm installed it black screens. with both twl_frms installed DS mode works. Im assuming this is because it looks for 20000102.cia only.

the magic question is can i change the title id of o3ds twl_frm somehow?

Edit: it seems both cannot be installed at the same time. o3ds overwrites the n3ds twl_frm and vice versa, even with different title id's.
also testing is done on rei 10.5 emunand with bluecardfix.

Last edited by Classicgamer,

phalk

Handheld Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok short answer is it bricks DS mode. i get a black screen - no error just black screen of death. however, i think part of the problem is there is a discrepancy regarding title id.

0004013800000102.cia is o3ds and 0004013820000102.cia is n3ds

with n3ds twl_frm removed and o3ds twl_frm installed it black screens. with both twl_frms installed DS mode works. Im assuming this is because it looks for 20000102.cia only.

the magic question is can i change the title id of o3ds twl_frm somehow?

There may be a way to change the title ID, I've read it somewhere on gbatemp where some people where trying to change the ID of Pokémon OR/AS to have both the original and the romhack version installed at the same time. I don't know much about it though.

Rinnen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just a quick question,is it possible to Hard brick by installing BlueCardFix?
Feel like doing it,but since I'm not hard modded...

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Its not working for me. I did everything this tutorial said and I get the: ''Install Failed''
Flashcardtimewarp.cia
Source: Source_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL
blah blah blah
SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT
INVALID_COMMAND

Any way to fix this?
Im using old3DS 10.3 (i dont have emuNAND)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If you have 10.3 sysnand, you can not downgrade the DS Cart White list. Sig patches are needed and you can only do that on a 9.2 or lower console.

You can however uninstall the current version and install an older version. You can't install a version spoofed version like the timewarp version of the DS Cart White list. ;)

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you have 10.3 sysnand, you can not downgrade the DS Cart White list. Sig patches are needed and you can only do that on a 9.2 or lower console.

You can however uninstall the current version and install an older version. You can't install a version spoofed version like the timewarp version of the DS Cart White list. ;)

Oh god...
Uninstalling things sounds like a risk to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1