DS Lite battery replacement suggestion

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As the title says, does anyone have a suggestion for a battery replacement for the DS Lite that isn't the fake 2000mah battery that's available everywhere?

My second DS Lite came with that battery and its only now that i realize that the battery only lasts 10 minutes, i couldn't check before because i sent it in for repairs since the charger fuse was blown when i bought it.

There has to be a good quality replacement battery out there somewhere that's not gonna drain in 10 minutes right?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I recommend Makho's Li-Po battery mod.

It beats the pants off crappy chinese 3rd-party batteries. It also works in a GBA SP as well.

collage_290edc85-f7ad-4fb3-bdbe-8b98ff1db892_2048x2048.png

Reactions: zfreeman

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Makho's Li-Po battery mod
Idea is good, but:
It is a pity that the supplier does not indicate the real manufacturer of the LiPo bag.
It is clear that this is (also and of course) China made. It is even possible that this is a direct batch order from some real factory (although it is unlikely, the quantity is most likely small, just some kind of Alibaba no-name's 100-200 pcs order).
If the real manufacturer is good and known for this, it's name will not be covered with homemade stickers. There is a suspicion that it will quickly begin to bloat.
Although maybe not.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most common and most reputable (at least by mouth) replacement for OEM Nintendo batteries, are the Cameron Sino batteries.

Otherwise you could try experimenting (and potentially having an exploding or fire bomb in your palms) and soldering in a lithium polymer pack like one already has.

Yes, OEM batteries still have a chance to blow up like the (low) quality Chinese batteries we're ordering, but they're less likely since Nintendo (or any sensible OEM manufacturing from China) at least has some common sense to check for quality. Those lesser up-to-standard parts get thrown off the assembly line either to a recycling plant or sold off under a different name for a cheaper price. But this isn't face since we don't really know.

Reactions: zfreeman

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Idea is good, but:
It is a pity that the supplier does not indicate the real manufacturer of the LiPo bag.
It is clear that this is (also and of course) China made. It is even possible that this is a direct batch order from some real factory (although it is unlikely, the quantity is most likely small, just some kind of Alibaba no-name's 100-200 pcs order).
If the real manufacturer is good and known for this, it's name will not be covered with homemade stickers. There is a suspicion that it will quickly begin to bloat.
Although maybe not.
I use them myself, and there's no bloating yet.

Reactions: zfreeman and r1vver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol