Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean the .nds files? If so, they can be put anywhere.
Huh. Didn't know that. The reason I ask is because the Homebrew I'm trying to load (WabbitDS - TI84 Emulator) won't boot up. I always just get a white screen for some reason...

EDIT: Just realized that you could set it to whatever directory you wanted within the menu. Tried that, but it still didn't work unfortunately...

Last edited by epicmartin7,

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Didn't know that. The reason I ask is because the Homebrew I'm trying to load (WabbitDS - TI84 Emulator) won't boot up. I always just get a white screen for some reason...

EDIT: Just realized that you could set it to whatever directory you wanted within the menu. Tried that, but it still didn't work unfortunately...
Compatibility isn't 100%, so it could be that application just doesn't work yet.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How do you guys manage to run NeoDS?
With the original version all I get is top white screen and black bottom screen.
With the updated version I see no roms.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which version are you using?
You need to put your ".neo" roms on the root of the SD.
yeah I remember that, I used NeoDS on a DS lite back then.

Is there any special requirement for this thing to work? I get the same results with both hbmenu and simple ctr-mode nds loader.
I'm using Luma 6.3.1 on an O3DS with a 64GB SD. Adding the patched twl module makes no difference.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah I remember that, I used NeoDS on a DS lite back then.

Is there any special requirement for this thing to work? I get the same results with both hbmenu and simple ctr-mode nds loader.
I'm using Luma 6.3.1 on an O3DS with a 64GB SD. Adding the patched twl module makes no difference.
The lastest one from filetrip works fine for me. You don't need anything apart of bootstrap, its default settings and the frontend (hbmenu or TWLoader).

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Any idea why sprites start flickering when you run NTR games at TWL clock speeds?
It's noticeable in the intro to Etrian Odyssey or the GPS in GTA: Chinatown Wars.
It's kind of strange.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only retail games.

Unless of course you have a twl mode flashcart like the EZFlash

Reread the Op's question Yes you can "Run" Roms at TWL Speeds via a flash card but from SD? No DSI HBMenu isnt ready yet for Retail rom loading. even then alot of games will break or glitch up at TWL Speeds. @Apache Thunder can explain better than i can but think of running a DS (NTR) Game at DSI (TWL) Speeds is nt a "Clean overclock its uneven compared to at the hardware level via a hardwired FPGA board

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes, that's what i was asking. Use my YSmenu flashcart (R4i clone) to run roms from the flashcart at TWL speeds.
I want to try MKDS and KHDays/KHRecoded, those games don't really use sprites, and not long ago i saw a video of MKDS at TWL speeds.

Now, I need what version of NTR launcher? The hb-bootstrap is not the one to do this, right?
There are so many different programs, i lost track which does what.

D

Deleted User

Reread the Op's question Yes you can "Run" Roms at TWL Speeds via a flash card but from SD? No DSI HBMenu isnt ready yet for Retail rom loading. even then alot of games will break or glitch up at TWL Speeds. @Apache Thunder can explain better than i can but think of running a DS (NTR) Game at DSI (TWL) Speeds is nt a "Clean overclock its uneven compared to at the hardware level via a hardwired FPGA board
Oh, I was talking about physical retail game cartridges.
Sorry for the confusion.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's what i was asking. Use my YSmenu flashcart (R4i clone) to run roms from the flashcart at TWL speeds.
I want to try MKDS and KHDays/KHRecoded, those games don't really use sprites, and not long ago i saw a video of MKDS at TWL speeds.

Now, I need what version of NTR launcher? The hb-bootstrap is not the one to do this, right?
There are so many different programs, i lost track which does what.

https://github.com/ahezard/nds-hb-menu/releases/tag/V0.5.0-cia-ntr-beta.6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.