Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"If you used TWiLight Menu++ Updater or Universal-Updater to update, please install the latest TWiLight Menu++ CIAs using FBI.
"
Does this mean that i don't use TWL updater to update everything...its basically useless now and i need to do it manually every new update?
You only need to use FBI for widescreen to work properly.

Reactions: MetoMeto

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean freezing like black screen with music still playing in the background? Are you using any sort of cheats?
Like that, always with music playing, but it can happen while I'm taking steps, it doesn't have to be a scene change. Once it froze at the start of a trainer battle once the player and opponent sprites were in place. Typically happens within an hour.
No cheats.

It happens a lot on Diamond too, especially in the Underground where it will always happen within 5 minutes, usually less. In the overworld I could go several hours without a freeze but it would come eventually. This is on older bootstrap versions, I haven't played Diamond on the latest.

Last edited by Captain Library,

Draexelion

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Like that, always with music playing, but it can happen while I'm taking steps, it doesn't have to be a scene change. Once it froze at the start of a trainer battle once the player and opponent sprites were in place. Typically happens within an hour.
No cheats.

It happens a lot on Diamond too, especially in the Underground where it will always happen within 5 minutes, usually less. In the overworld I could go several hours without a freeze but it would come eventually. This is on older bootstrap versions, I haven't played Diamond on the latest.
Try removing the usrcheat.dat from twilight menus folders and see if that helps.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
@Robz8 Have you any interest in adding a save backup function to either TWiLightMenu++ or the Updater? Also...is there any possibility of save states being added at some future point or is that literally impossible? Thanks so much for all you do.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Robz8 Have you any interest in adding a save backup function to either TWiLightMenu++ or the Updater? .
Not exactly an urgently needed feature considering you can just pop your sd card into a pc and copy over the save folder located where your roms are.

Reactions: Aphelios

ShedinjaBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run Pokemon Black but I always freeze at a white screen at startup. The rom's patched and I tried to run it in DS mode but the option wasn't there when I pulled up the menu. I'm using a DS Lite and a DSTT flashcart.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run Pokemon Black but I always freeze at a white screen at startup. The rom's patched and I tried to run it in DS mode but the option wasn't there when I pulled up the menu. I'm using a DS Lite and a DSTT flashcart.
Try reformatting the flashcard's SD card to FAT32 with 32kb cluster size.

ShedinjaBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've went through the installation walkthrough multiple times, looked through all my files to make sure everything's correct, and even tried installing nds bootstrap separately, but I still can't launch games with Twilight. I'm able to access the program, change all the settings and stuff, I just can't play games. And it's not the roms, since R4 on the same flashcart runs them with no issues.

Last edited by ShedinjaBoy,

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try removing the usrcheat.dat from twilight menus folders and see if that helps.
Thanks for the suggestion - I tried removing the file from the extras folder. It took about half an hour but it blackscreened (music playing) passing between the gate house leading to Goldenrod City.

Tried every bootstrap release 0.28.0 to 0.35.1 since the weekend, always leading to a crash. The odd part is I'd had no issues for 25 hours of previous play on N2DS, mostly on bootstrap 0.28.1, but also on various releases between, until I upgraded to 0.35.1. After this I can't stop the freezing even by regressing (I even completely wiped the _nds folder and started again from an earlier version). Just to reiterate, on DSi XL with CFW, freezing was regular even on the releases I found to be stable on N2DS. I've been using the same HeartGold dump for a long time - made with Godmode9. I only use good quality Sandisk MicroSD cards and read/write speeds don't seem to be an issue.

Draexelion

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks for the suggestion - I tried removing the file from the extras folder. It took about half an hour but it blackscreened (music playing) passing between the gate house leading to Goldenrod City.

Tried every bootstrap release 0.28.0 to 0.35.1 since the weekend, always leading to a crash. The odd part is I'd had no issues for 25 hours of previous play on N2DS, mostly on bootstrap 0.28.1, but also on various releases between, until I upgraded to 0.35.1. After this I can't stop the freezing even by regressing (I even completely wiped the _nds folder and started again from an earlier version). Just to reiterate, on DSi XL with CFW, freezing was regular even on the releases I found to be stable on N2DS. I've been using the same HeartGold dump for a long time - made with Godmode9. I only use good quality Sandisk MicroSD cards and read/write speeds don't seem to be an issue.
Try removing twilight menu completely and reinstalling it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...