Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone, it's my first post here.
I installed this and enjoyed my favorite DS games on rom, but there is something missing : cheats codes.
I don't have a flashcart, however. How do I add these ?
I tried DSATM, but it just gives me a modified rom file which is 64 mb less than the original rom file. I use Pokemon Black, btw.
There is no cheat menu at the moment. Have you tried the modified ROM DSATM generated? A difference of about 60MB sounds plausible if the original ROM was untrimmed and the cheat tool trimmed the resulting ROM. I don't know the exact difference, you're probably using the French version which I don't have for testing. This is what I get for the german version (no patches, just trimming):
197M Pokemon schwarze Edition.nds
256M untrimmed/Pokemon_schwarze_Edition.nds

Ayazel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no cheat menu at the moment. Have you tried the modified ROM DSATM generated? A difference of about 60MB sounds plausible if the original ROM was untrimmed and the cheat tool trimmed the resulting ROM. I don't know the exact difference, you're probably using the French version which I don't have for testing. This is what I get for the german version (no patches, just trimming):
197M Pokemon schwarze Edition.nds
256M untrimmed/Pokemon_schwarze_Edition.nds

Yes, It's the french / Europe version. Here are the exact sizes of my roms :
195Mo Pokemon Black with DSATM cheats
256Mo Pokemon Black whithout DSATM cheats
(the same size than yours)

And when I tried to load it on my 3DS, it didn't worked and there was a red "ERROR" on the bottom of my screen.
It didn't worked either on DesMuME 0.9.11.
If you want, I have the txt cheat file, made by myself.

EDIT : I tried to look inside my Pokemon Black gamecart with Godmod9, and I found a "trim" file, which is 197Mo. I tried to put cheats inside it, using it instead of the normal one, AND..... Nope, didn't worked. It shows "ERROR" on the rom loading screen.

Attachments

• DSATM cheats.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by Ayazel,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I installed this and enjoyed my favorite DS games on rom, but there is something missing : cheats codes.
I tried DSATM, but it just gives me a modified rom file which is 64 mb less than the original rom file. I use Pokemon Black, btw.

DSATM is supposed to give you a modified ROM file. That's how it works. It injects the codes into your ROM and outputs a new ROM file. The 64MB were probably trimmed off when you created the new ROM.
Edit: Sorry didn't see this was already replied to.

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does anybody has some picture or more clear explaination what should be on the SD cart to make it work on Original DS + Original R4 cart? Maybe i'm bit of stupid but the explaination from first post seems unclear and does not work for me.

Ayazel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello again, everyone ! I have a CFW-ed O3DS using a SDHC card, and I can't play Pokemon Black (Europe version) with DSATM cheats. It just can't even launch the game.
The game itself, without AR codes, works, but when I patch the rom with DSATM, it makes it unplayable. Don't work on 3DS, not even Desmume.
I tried to do some testing, and the game doesn't launch :
- when I patch it with only AR codes
- when I patch it with AR codes AND arm7.bin fix
- when I patch it with only AR codes after applying the AP patch with DS-Scene
- When I patch it with AR codes AND arm7.bin fix after applying the AP patch with DS-Scene.

PS : I use a dumped rom file of my physical Pokemon Black cartdrige.

Here is my cheat text file, if you want to read it and see if something is strange. It's french btw, and all the codes are taken from the "Pokemon Trash" website.

Attachments

• DSATM cheats.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 161

Hace_Fri0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Need Help Setting My Donor Rom

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Coupd I Get Instructions How
Thx!

darkrai87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to play M&L:BIS since the new update to nds-bootstrap, I’ve gone through finding a working rom and using xdelta3 to patch the game with the patch from the preservation thread. This produces a trimmed rom that works fine in desmume, however the game does not appear in TwilightMenu++. All my other games appear and run as expected.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to play M&L:BIS since the new update to nds-bootstrap, I’ve gone through finding a working rom and using xdelta3 to patch the game with the patch from the preservation thread. This produces a trimmed rom that works fine in desmume, however the game does not appear in TwilightMenu++. All my other games appear and run as expected.
If you're on the DSi/3DS theme, and have more than 39 ROMs, then press L/R to switch pages.

Thx
But When I Load Up A Rom I Get A White Screen Even After An Hour.
Did you follow the guide to installing HiyaCFW?

darkrai87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on the DSi/3DS theme, and have more than 39 ROMs, then press L/R to switch pages.

Did you follow the guide to installing HiyaCFW?
Just figured it out, my ftp client or I must have removed the file extension when I renamed it and I hadn't noticed until just now. Sorry about that!

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

to my knowledge. the feature (cheats) is planned. just when im not sure.

valiantheart18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but there is one thing I would like to ask, even though it's probably been asked already. Will this permanently change my home menu? Or will it just go back to the 3DS menu each time?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but there is one thing I would like to ask, even though it's probably been asked already. Will this permanently change my home menu? Or will it just go back to the 3DS menu each time?
No, this will not replace your 3DS HOME Menu. It is currently not possible to replace the 3DS HOME Menu.

Reactions: valiantheart18

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v6.7.0: Both DS/DSi UIs now included!

Update instructions
  1. Overwrite the `_nds` folder and `boot.nds` file on the SD root, with the new ones from the .7z file.
  2. For DSi CFW users, put `title` folder from `CFW - SDNAND root` folder, onto the SD card root.
    If you're asked to overwrite, click `Yes`.
  3. On 3DS, install the two CIAs in the `cia` folder.
What's new?
  • A main menu now appears before the ROM menu!
    It has the look of the original DS firmware menu.
    Last-run ROM (with box art shown on the top screen), alongside Pictochat, DS Download Play (if both are installed), and GBARunner2 (GBA Mode on DS Phat/Lite consoles), can be launched.
    The yellow arrow is to proceed to the ROM select menu.
  • Sound fix option has been removed, as it was causing issues with some games.
    If you enabled sound fix in the past, open `sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap.ini`, and set `SOUND_FIX` to `0`.
  • Added option to not show AP message again for specific game.
    When launching the game, if the message appears, press X to proceed launch, and not show the message again.
Improvement
  • MHGen (Acekard theme) `menu_bg.bmp` fixed by Vulpes-Vulpeos.
Bug fixes
  • Sonic Classic Collection, and Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth, will no longer show the AP message, as they do not need AP patches.
  • For some users, soft-resetting the game will no longer have muted sound.
Regression
  • As a result of the muted sound fix, the sound frequency setting will not persist when soft-resetting.
Known bug
  • When launching a game on a flashcard if TWiLight Menu++ is being ran from the console's SD card, after the ROM path is saved, it can no longer be changed, and you will need to manually remove it from `settings.ini` at `sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu`.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

AL_16

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
v6.7.0: Both DS/DSi UIs now included!

Update instructions
  1. Overwrite the `_nds` folder and `boot.nds` file on the SD root, with the new ones from the .7z file.
  2. For DSi CFW users, put `title` folder from `CFW - SDNAND root` folder, onto the SD card root.
    If you're asked to overwrite, click `Yes`.
  3. On 3DS, install the two CIAs in the `cia` folder.
What's new?
  • A main menu now appears before the ROM menu!
    Last-run ROM (with box art shown on the top screen), alongside Pictochat, DS Download Play (if both are installed), and GBARunner2 (GBA Mode on DS Phat/Lite consoles), can be launched.
  • Sound fix option has been removed, as it was causing issues with some games.
    If you enabled sound fix in the past, open `sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap.ini`, and set `SOUND_FIX` to `0`.
  • Added option to not show AP message again for specific game.
    When launching the game, if the message appears, press X to proceed launch, and not show the message again.
Improvement
  • MHGen (Acekard theme) `menu_bg.bmp` fixed by Vulpes-Vulpeos.
Bug fixes
  • Sonic Classic Collection, and Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth, will no longer show the AP message, as they do not need AP patches.
  • For some users, soft-resetting the game will no longer have muted sound.
Regression
  • As a result of the muted sound fix, the sound frequency setting will not persist when soft-resetting.
Known bug
  • When launching a game on a flashcard if TWiLight Menu++ is being ran from the console's SD card, after the ROM path is saved, it can no longer be changed, and you will need to manually remove it from `settings.ini` at `sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu`.
Perfect like always:grog:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

A main menu now appears before the ROM menu!

:lol: nice feature.:yaynds: works perfect.

Added option to not show AP message again for specific game.
That was an good idea.:D (hopefully somebody don´t "accidentally" use it and then forget why the game is not running of not AP patched.:wacko:)

TWiLight works great,no issues detected at the moment.

Another brilliant Update,thank you. :bow:

Reactions: RocketRobz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?