Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course when I try this, it doesn't work. I made sure I followed the directions to the T. I even retried the steps and copied the files again. It just ends up in a white screen. I use an R4i Gold 3DS RTS so I used the R4i Gold RTS files. It's just as complicated as Twloader when it comes to setting it up. So many files and folders that it relies on. I went through the same kind trouble back then with Twloader. The whole thing just makes me feel like an idiot and a noob for "not being able to read".
Thanks for developing this but it just isn't for me.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course when I try this, it doesn't work. I made sure I followed the directions to the T. I even retried the steps and copied the files again. It just ends up in a white screen. I use an R4i Gold 3DS RTS so I used the R4i Gold RTS files. It's just as complicated as Twloader when it comes to setting it up. So many files and folders that it relies on. I went through the same kind trouble back then with Twloader. The whole thing just makes me feel like an idiot and a noob for "not being able to read".
Thanks for developing this but it just isn't for me.
You set the flashcard in SRLoader settings, right?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You set the flashcard in SRLoader settings, right?
I get a white screen before I could actually get into Srloader's menu itself. I am 100% positive that I have the necessary files placed on the flashcard's micro SD. I'm running this on a 3DS with CFW by launching the flashcard itself.

1. I start by extracting all files from the srloader.7z archive onto the micro SD.

2. Then I move onto the next archive for "R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS/R4 Ultra", and extract the files from the folder called "For slot-1 R4iDSN, R4i Gold RTS - SRLoader" to the micro SD (Even made sure to delete existing folders such as _rpg just so it can have a clean folder with non concflicting files).

3. The last thing I did was move the files from the flashcard autoboot folder > R4i RTS and replaced the existing files on the root of the SD.

I then moved all the DS roms to roms/nds

If it's not working then it must be an error on my part but I just can't see it. Also sorry for my rant post, I was just frustrated from spending 30 mins or so figuring it out and it ended up not working.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a white screen before I could actually get into Srloader's menu itself. I am 100% positive that I have the necessary files placed on the flashcard's micro SD. I'm running this on a 3DS with CFW by launching the flashcard itself.

1. I start by extracting all files from the srloader.7z archive onto the micro SD.

2. Then I move onto the next archive for "R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS/R4 Ultra", and extract the files from the folder called "For slot-1 R4iDSN, R4i Gold RTS - SRLoader" to the micro SD (Even made sure to delete existing folders such as _rpg just so it can have a clean folder with non concflicting files).

3. The last thing I did was move the files from the flashcard autoboot folder > R4i RTS and replaced the existing files on the root of the SD.

I then moved all the DS roms to roms/nds

If it's not working then it must be an error on my part but I just can't see it. Also sorry for my rant post, I was just frustrated from spending 30 mins or so figuring it out and it ended up not working.
Looks like you did everything right.
Hmm, try formatting your flashcard's microSD card to FAT32 with 32kb cluster size.

Reactions: MattKimura

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
anyone here with a R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS? did you managed to make it work? :o
I can get SRLoader to launch from YSmenu but launching a game from SRLoader will freeze the DS with the loading bar on the bottom screen.
rebooting the DS and launching YSmenu again will boot the game i selected. That's the farthest I have gotten so far.

Reactions: Jahhhhhh

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get SRLoader to launch from YSmenu but launching a game from SRLoader will freeze the DS with the loading bar on the bottom screen.
rebooting the DS and launching YSmenu again will boot the game i selected. That's the farthest I have gotten so far.
Same here, except my card is non-RTS.
Hope that's not an issue, if we can autoboot into SRLoader, but sadly, there's no autoboot file for the R4i-SDHC.

Reactions: Jahhhhhh

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same here, except my card is non-RTS.
Hope that's not an issue, if we can autoboot into SRLoader, but sadly, there's no autoboot file for the R4i-SDHC.
well, we can use YSmenu as a primary kernel and autoboot SRLoader. That part I can get to work. It's just that SRLoader then uses YSMenu to try to launch the ROM. It fails but it also changes the autoboot setting of YSMenu.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just found this guide, i also own a Dstwo, are there any reasons to use this for nds roms instead Dstwo?
You can use SRLoader on a DSTWO, so compatibility will be the same.
You'll just have a nicer-looking GUI that looks and feels like the original DSi/3DS menu, and can run newly-compiled homebrew containing DSi-extended header (SSEQ Player i, for example).
One upside for DSi/3DS users, is that you can set 48khz sound, so sound quality will be higher.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: ahezard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum