Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.
I think it depends on the images if they need the limited color palette.
Well, I may have spoken too soon... Just swapping the no-photo and photo top won't do it; I have no idea why but it just leaves that area as transparent. To fill it in you have to crop the top photoless bg down to 208x143 and stick it in the photos folder as a sort of patch to the transparent area. Kinda sketchy, but it works.
Now I just want to know what the photoless image is even used for if there's no way to select in the theme?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.

Well, I may have spoken too soon... Just swapping the no-photo and photo top won't do it; I have no idea why but it just leaves that area as transparent. To fill it in you have to crop the top photoless bg down to 208x143 and stick it in the photos folder as a sort of patch to the transparent area. Kinda sketchy, but it works.
Now I just want to know what the photoless image is even used for if there's no way to select in the theme?
It's used for if you want to hide the images. There's a setting where you can enable or hide photos in TWLMenu++ Settings.

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's used for if you want to hide the images. There's a setting where you can enable or hide photos in TWLMenu++ Settings.
That would make sense... If I could find it - Where would this setting be hidden? I looked under GUI settings expecting to find it there, but cannot, then checked every other tab in the settings menu just to be sure, but I've never been able to find this. I am running 26.1.1, is it a feature on a newer build? Guess it's time to update anyway so will double check, maybe that's all it is?

Okay, yeah I guess I just needed to update. Dang. Rule no1... I'll see myself out..

Last edited by ichig0,

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i just updated from V24.2.1 to v26.6.0

i have not played my DSi in a while lol. Does 26.6.0 fix golden sun?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks! LOL I have not played my DSI in a couple years now, so I just updated to 26.6.0 today, i was on V24.2.1 lol....
Bet! Pretty much all DS games are working these days. Nds-bootloader is fucking solid

RecMonke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also faceez
Post automatically merged:

and mysims camera boots, but it freezes at the ea logo

and face pilot crashes when you take a picture

and on another note I just noticed that the twilight menu splash screen changes for holidays. fun little detail.

but they all seem to not work in a different way

Last edited by RecMonke,

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's almost certainly not possible, but I'll ask anyway...

Some early DS titles were made with the original, darker DS in mind, like GBC and GBA games. See here at 2:35

Would it be possible for Twilight Menu to apply a filter simulating OG DS color space?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a red screen of death while playing Bowser's Inside Story after the first Bowser fight. I saw some people had issues in the past but I was hoping it was fixed. Anyway around it?

EDIT: Nvm. It freezes when I use my Acekard also. Guess I'm just not allowed to play it.

Last edited by Ryft,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@RocketRobz Do you think we ever see a fix for SaGa 3 crashing at the first battle?

20240220_170720.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...