Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to know... any news about the flipnote/browser exploit?
Nope.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SRLoader v1.7.0

What's new?
  • nds-bootstrap v0.5.1 is included!
    https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/releases/tag/V0.5.1
  • Since RocketLauncher will support retail carts, a "Reboot into RocketLauncher" option has been added!
    If you want to run SRLoader+nds-bootstrap from DSiWarehax with RocketLauncher features, the option will do just that!
    If the option is on, you can hold L while SRLoader starts, to skip rebooting into RocketLauncher.
  • "RebootIntoRocketLauncher.nds" can be swapped, if your Slot-1 card isn't SM64DS (USA).
Bug fixes
  • The autoboot last ROM option will no longer read a bootstrap path from nds-bootstrap.ini.
  • Minor graphical fixes.

SRLoader v1.7.1

What's new?/Bug fix

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Everyone just offering to beta test stuff probably doesn't even understand what that would usually require or what the risks are, in order to test such an exploit and make sure it won't risk giving any type of brick to an end user you'll probably have to test any and all scenarios which would in this case include dumping, perhaps modifying and then writing the NAND and if you'd get a failure with that there would be just 2 possible scenarios for fixing it: if it's just the writing part which was unstable you could simply write the dumped NAND image with a hard mod, if the dumping part however gave a broken image you would need to already have had a NAND dump BEFORE you even attempted this which would mean you'd need to either have already done a hard mod in order to dump the NAND or had a DSiWarehax already which could be used to create a valid dump and then hard mod the console in order to flash the working dump on the NAND, not to say that's the highest risk case I'm describing, you could probably just as well get a random brick from simply booting the hax if things aren't working 100% properly so really if you guys don't already have a DSiWarehax or a hard mod or are willing to do the hard mod before even testing it you probably aren't even eligible and since you are waiting for this I guess you are not willing to do the hard mod and don't already have a DSiWarehax.
Really I understand how excited you guys are about this and I am as well, hack I got a 64GB micro SD card to put in the console just cause of this but pestering the devs for eta or offering to beta test just in order to get it sooner isn't gonna do any good, even worse if said offer would be taken seriously you guys would risk ending up with permanently bricked consoles and there'd really be no one else to blame than yourselves, I myself can do a hard mod and it'd actually be pretty easy to setup DSiWarehax by that but I'm just waiting patiently for this cause 1 I am too lazy to do the hard mod and 2 I don't have any of the tools that could be used to get the CID for decrypting the NAND, not planning to buy a RPi and can't find "The Biggest Loser" (at all, even if it'd be overpriced at some point in the past before the announcement that there'll be a new hax I would have been willing to pay up to 20$).

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
@Ranomez The hax actually, is not in a state where it can brick consoles.
The only way one can brick a console is using fwTool to flash a decrypted NAND instead of an encrypted one, which the console's bootrom expects.
Well that was an information I didn't have 5 min ago when I wrote that, I just wrote the scenarios which I could assume from my past hacking experience (and somewhere in there is a "wrote a program to allow me to run external programs from the SD card on the PNA...it wiped the part of the internal storage where the whole UI and app suite for the PNA was stored") so I just assumed the maximum risk scenarios, thanks for the info.

Reactions: firke_the_one

firke_the_one

*insert custom title*
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Everyone just offering to beta test stuff probably doesn't even understand what that would usually require or what the risks are, in order to test such an exploit and make sure it won't risk giving any type of brick to an end user you'll probably have to test any and all scenarios which would in this case include dumping, perhaps modifying and then writing the NAND and if you'd get a failure with that there would be just 2 possible scenarios for fixing it: if it's just the writing part which was unstable you could simply write the dumped NAND image with a hard mod, if the dumping part however gave a broken image you would need to already have had a NAND dump BEFORE you even attempted this which would mean you'd need to either have already done a hard mod in order to dump the NAND or had a DSiWarehax already which could be used to create a valid dump and then hard mod the console in order to flash the working dump on the NAND, not to say that's the highest risk case I'm describing, you could probably just as well get a random brick from simply booting the hax if things aren't working 100% properly so really if you guys don't already have a DSiWarehax or a hard mod or are willing to do the hard mod before even testing it you probably aren't even eligible and since you are waiting for this I guess you are not willing to do the hard mod and don't already have a DSiWarehax.
Really I understand how excited you guys are about this and I am as well, hack I got a 64GB micro SD card to put in the console just cause of this but pestering the devs for eta or offering to beta test just in order to get it sooner isn't gonna do any good, even worse if said offer would be taken seriously you guys would risk ending up with permanently bricked consoles and there'd really be no one else to blame than yourselves, I myself can do a hard mod and it'd actually be pretty easy to setup DSiWarehax by that but I'm just waiting patiently for this cause 1 I am too lazy to do the hard mod and 2 I don't have any of the tools that could be used to get the CID for decrypting the NAND, not planning to buy a RPi and can't find "The Biggest Loser" (at all, even if it'd be overpriced at some point in the past before the announcement that there'll be a new hax I would have been willing to pay up to 20$).
thanks for pointing that out, didn't even think about bricking my system :)

Reactions: hectortillo

hectortillo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Ranomez The hax actually, is not in a state where it can brick consoles.
The only way one can brick a console is using fwTool to flash a decrypted NAND instead of an encrypted one, which the console's bootrom expects.
@Robz8
Then could we could be eligible for beta testers in a future o it will be private until release? :) also thanks for clearing the info :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.