Gaming DS Games of the Month: April 2010

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Gamestop has a release date of April 6 for "Again". A game developed by recently bankrupted CING (Hotel Dusk, Another Code, etc.).

If that date is accurate, this game has definitely flown under the radar and will flop in terms of sales, which mean a less likely localization for Hotel Dusk 2 (Last Window).
frown.gif

pulstar80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS is already past its glory days. What's to blame? Piracy? Shovelware? Both? One thing I know for sure: No guarantees the 3DS is going to inherit the DS's legacy. It's a downward spiral. Let's not forget the DS isn't as great as the GBA either.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pulstar80 said:
The DS is already past its glory days. What's to blame? Piracy? Shovelware? Both? One thing I know for sure: No guarantees the 3DS is going to inherit the DS's legacy. It's a downward spiral. Let's not forget the DS isn't as great as the GBA either.

Um, cool story bro. This isn't the place to tell it though. A campfire seems a little better. WELL KIDS I REMEMBER THE RISE AND FALL OF THE DS!

The DS is past its glory days. Why do you think we know what the 3DS is now?

Oh, and the GBA wasn't as good as the GB/GBC.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pulstar80 said:
The fuck!? No really, you cannot be serious.
This is such a ridiculous statement my first reaction is, of course that you must be trolling.
But, what can I say? I'm a sucker for stupid people spouting off stupid shit.

I can't be bothered giving you the normal dressing down so I think this diagram makes my point fairly well.
stats.png

"downward spiral"
whut?
"the DS isn't as great as the GBA either"
whut?
"The DS is already past its glory days. What's to blame? Piracy? Shovelware? Both?"
Again whut?

The current generation of systems has seen far more Shovelware than any previous gen. The same goes for piracy which is far more rampant than ever before.
Yet, sales statistics suggest that the DS continues to sell better than any other handheld to date.

Stats cropped from this "Nintendo Facts" illustration
http://www.onlinemba.com/nintendo/nin.jpg

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zidapi said:

Well, sales don't mean anything. It just means it was popular. People still buy Jonas Brothers CD's and they suck. The DS was popular because it had casual appeal to it, something the GBA, GBC, PSP, etc don't/didn't have. Same goes with the Wii. Both systems have pretty good libraries, but older systems beat those libraries.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think that the DS has got an awesome game library, though.
I'm a bit DS fanboyish, but I've got ten times as much good DS games as GBC/GBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo