Homebrew DS Emulation - How Much is Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh!fT_23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if there is any way that the DS would support homebrew emulation for some of the newer previous generation of console games, like N64, GameCube or even PSX?
Does the DS simply not have enough computing power or not enough of the memory requirements to do this?

Also, (probably a really really stupid question but whatever) is there any possibility of being able to put PSP games on the DS or will the hardware be lacking or porting impossible?

Pre-emptive thanks to anyone able to (or willing to lol) answer my odd questions that everyone else probably already know the answers to. Cheers.

- Sh!fT

Sh!fT_23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
JKR Firefox said:
I cannot believe someone is asking this again.

I know you're just curious but these questions have been asked, answered, and rebuked.
Soz JKR, I was looking at a few threads and I couldn't find any really telling me what I wanted to know.

Anyway, thanks to all that replied, now I know.

- Sh!fT

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sh!ft said:
Soz JKR, I was looking at a few threads and I couldn't find any really telling me what I wanted to know.

Two separate stickied topics would have been a good place to start:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=55031
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=50738

Keep in mind that your cell phone is likely to be more powerful than the DS. It's not a beefy machine. The PSP is several times more powerful than the DS, and it has trouble emulating the N64, and that's when using an emulator made directly for the system by a guy who previously wrote an N64 emulator and knew what he was doing.

In short, what you're asking for isn't possible. NeoDS and jEnesisDS are probably good indications of the current limits.

Sh!fT_23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
Keep in mind that your cell phone is likely to be more powerful than the DS.

Wow, thats surprising. I would have thought the DS was a bit more powerful than that considering it's dual proccesor at least (but then again what do I know).

Anyway, thanks for the help.

- Sh!fT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp