DS #3055: Chrono Trigger (USA)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems that there's some mix up in the numbering somewhere....i'm pretty sure that the fix is for Chrono Trigger and not some Disney Penguin game.

zooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
It seems that there's some mix up in the numbering somewhere....i'm pretty sure that the fix is for Chrono Trigger and not some Disney Penguin game.

I just tried Chrono Trigger patched with XPA's 2nd patch, doesn't work on the 1.51 firmware still..

Edit: vv just did as you said, works ok so far.

Relle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone with an EZ5 card, when I try to boot the game, it gets stuck on the screen after the one advertising the video codec used. I'm assuming it's trying to play the opening FMV and can't. Does this happen to anyone else, or is my card busted?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Relle said:
For anyone with an EZ5 card, when I try to boot the game, it gets stuck on the screen after the one advertising the video codec used. I'm assuming it's trying to play the opening FMV and can't. Does this happen to anyone else, or is my card busted?
Try to disabled the softreset (circle must be orange).

Relle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccosmos said:
Relle said:
Try to disabled the softreset (circle must be orange).

That also disables the cheats, which means I can't use the code to get past the copy protection, unfortunately. I'll try it with a patched version of the game and see if that works.

Edit: No, a patched game with the cheats/soft reset disabled just sticks me with a white screen when the game loads.

ShySpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using Supercard DS ONE SDHC and the game freezes after following Marle to the time portal.
I've tried the fixed version at it gets stuck at the "loading game data" message or something like it.

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
rcktstar said:
i have the same problem as shyspy does anyone know how u can play this on super card DS one?

Use (J) ROM, it has English in it...
When they fix (U), you can switch if you want to, save is compatible...

ShySpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend told me a fix that works for me!!
biggrin.gif

You have to use the fixed rom. Disable the option "Enable patch" and it should work. It doesn't show the game loading message and it doesn't gets stuck at the time portal.

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ShySpy said:
My friend told me a fix that works for me!!
biggrin.gif

You have to use the fixed rom. Disable the option "Enable patch" and it should work. It doesn't show the game loading message and it doesn't gets stuck at the time portal.

Yeah, that works, but why would you want to disable the "enable patch" option, you risk losing your saves by doing that (many people lost their saves when they used that method, that's why it's not recommended).
You make things more complicated when you're patching, disabling and enabling non-standard things etc...
Just use (J) version of the game, it has ENGLISH, and you don't even have to change the options, it's English by default.
Saves are compatible, so, if you're anal, you can switch to (U) ROM when they fix it. Is it not better to use clean ROM instead of patched ROM?

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
xcdjy said:
I'm dissapointed man. This game is c-r-a-p. And all the hype surrounding it? Dude, not worth it.

I never played this game before and I think it's g-r-e-a-t!
Fallout 3 on PC and Chrono Trigger on the move... ...and Chrono Trigger in bed before sleep.
Dude.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to say, I never played it first time round, because it never got released in europe, and i was a sega fanboy back then anyway. however I really like this game, but I am a final fantasy fan, so that was pretty much guaranteed

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
kingkong said:
square blog + people who own the physical game. its the same with jap + usa version, the rom has MORE copy protections that the ones public. i hope they do this with more games cos sales are dropping big since everybody buys flashcards for $20. nice move by square
QUOTE(kingkong @ Nov 27 2008, 07:21 AM) there is a long list with whats missing and not available in the rom of chrono trigger J and U, i will translate the japanese blog entry later when i have time
I searched all over for this Square blog and couldn't find it. All I found were Japanese blogs where people were talking about how Narin had already broken the anti-piracy measures placed on the game.

Post the link and let us translate it for ourselves if there really is one.
wow even japanese gamers know about narin and his cheat codes?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So this version freezes on me when I go to the second screen in the Millennial fair at the beginning. Using EZ-V. Anyone else have this issue? I have the latest (not open) firmware that has the fix for the (J) version built-in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Psi likes to milk beavers lol