DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yasu has got some new toy on his site.
The BDX Adaptor. Looks like it's a tool to extract your custom songs from your real game cartridge using an NDS Adapter, which is some kind of dongle used to backup save files from carts.
Anyone knows Japanese? Check the readme out please
grog.gif

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bowbowhead said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
lol..i few days ago..my r4 MicroSD card got corupted by R4 DS III firmware (ITS A FAKE!) (i thought it was the "latest and Greatest") i sent my Corrupted card back to newegg and im going to get a new one in a couple of days (even though TWEWY (Joshua day 4 is gone) all my saves have been erased too. Anyway im back to my outdated SuperCard SD (I bought it before i bought my R4 DS) i saw that "RamaFreak" uploaded 3 saves that have the 1st 300 songs in there. If anybody could convert the save that RamaFreak uploaded from .SAV to .NDS.SAV for my supercard:

(that Sephiroth made a Rapidshare Link for)

Sephiroth said:

i Tried ShunyWeb.info Save Game Converter to R4 Save to SuperCard SD save only in my dismay only giving me after a long wait..."Server Error"

i would be very greatful, and im sure other supercard SD users on here who haven't said anything would. I wouldnt be asking a favor if my R4 DS had a working MicroSD card..Actually i got A BSOD (after that my MicroSD card was Corrupted) that ruined my card when i was dragging the 3 saves to my MicroSD card!, Irony? No it wasnt the files.it was the firmware! (i erased the R4 III firmware using a format too!)

THE TIME COMMANDO WAZ HERE
cool.gif
nds.gif
psp.gif

Thanks in advance!

You don't need to convert it, just paste the save files into your card. Just make sure to add ".nds" before the ".sav" and change the file name to the appropriate one. This worked for me at least.

I Don't see how thats possible..because the File Sizes are Different: A SuperCard nds.sav is 256kb a R4 DS Save is 8MB. Now maybe a converter for the file sizes.....
wink.gif

THE TIME COMMANDO WAZ HERE
cool.gif
nds.gif
psp.gif

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
stanleyopar2000 said:
I Don't see how thats possible..because the File Sizes are Different: A SuperCard nds.sav is 256kb a R4 DS Save is 8MB. Now maybe a converter for the file sizes.....
wink.gif
The file size is not an issue. SuperCard Slot2 devices handle 8MB save files just fine.

JaySee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Celice said:
http://rapidshare.com/files/128440231/bdxt...300030.rar.html

Since I got the game working on SuperCard SD, along with the saves, I could finally get the songs imported. Here's a little more ordered version of the BBS files I uploaded last time, some missing, some new. They should be about 95% video game music, at about 280-ish songs, split across three saves. Stuff like Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Megaman 1~7 and some others, and a bunch of others. The song names are fine within the game--it sucks, though, they're alphabetically ordered. New ones are mixed in with the old ones--but hey, at least the ones in Romanji are shoved to the back ^^

And I'm quite happy to say that there's nothing special, song-wise, in the Speaker Channel. All custom songs play through it.

EDIT: Yasu has something called a Daigasso! Activator (kinda) tool on his website. Maybe it has something to do with the ID thing for Wi-Fi?

Also, anyone got a link to the converter tool between MIDI and BBS? I looked at what I thought to be the author's site but the link's dead :/

Awesome Celice! Thank you for putting so much time and effort in making these saves! Ive been wanting to jam some video game tunes on BBDX so bad! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

C

CasperH

If you got banned do you got banned from de Daigasso servers only or the other WFC servers too?

Narstyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aparently, from what Google Translator claims, there's methods of removing the Dowload 100? I dunno, seems like a big claim to me; i don't even think the site owner knows much about it and is simply a "middle man"

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have tried Daigassou! Band Brothers DX with the new SuperCard DS One software (SP4)...

It hangs on "Loading". It's probably a save creation matter, as I can find a 0kb save file in my microSD
ph34r.gif

Instead, using a SAV created by Savcreate, it works just fine, and you can even connect to the WiFi, but when you try to download a song, you get the dreaded Error 31111
dry.gif

Can someother with a SCDS One test if it hangs on the save creation?

Btw, songs are now at about 680.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked the English site for a brief moment and saw nothing
ohmy.gif
Must be in the forums, or at the Chinese site. I'll give it a go later on~

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Celice said:
http://rapidshare.com/files/128440231/bdxt...300030.rar.html

Since I got the game working on SuperCard SD, along with the saves, I could finally get the songs imported. Here's a little more ordered version of the BBS files I uploaded last time, some missing, some new. They should be about 95% video game music, at about 280-ish songs, split across three saves. Stuff like Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Megaman 1~7 and some others, and a bunch of others. The song names are fine within the game--it sucks, though, they're alphabetically ordered. New ones are mixed in with the old ones--but hey, at least the ones in Romanji are shoved to the back ^^

Just so everyone knows, bdxtool has had various glitches and problems with importing BBS files in the past. The sound tends to get messed up - for example, a part with a volume of 60 would have 60 in its own volume track, and 60 again on the volume slider screen, and these two doubled up, making the part way too quiet - affecting everything with a volume less than 99. An older version had a glitch so that the sound sliders didn't work at all. The current version (07/10) is fine, aside from the fact that all the parts are a little bit quieter, because their slider volumes are at 85, not 99. So if you imported these saves with an older version, most likely they're all ****ed and you'll need to download the newest BDX tool and import them again. I've been going through BBS files I have (probably around 200 of them by now) and manually fixing them all until the updated one came out yesterday, although since I've been renaming them in English manually I still have to open them all up.

Basically, anyone who doesn't have the newest version of bdxtool needs to get it. It also lets you listen to songs you've imported, which is a nice time saver for identifying Japanese files.

QUOTEAlso, anyone got a link to the converter tool between MIDI and BBS? I looked at what I thought to be the author's site but the link's dead :/

The MIDI -> BBS converter is terrible. It cuts out parts of the songs, screws lots of things up, and you couldn't edit the songs made with it (no idea if you still can't in BBDX). Hopefully someone will make a good one for BDX, although it's still not as good as having manually made songs.

Also, I feel redundant now. I was going to make an awesome converted BBS collection... Technically, mine is better because they're already fixed BDXs, and they have English titles (that was a pain), but it's probably not worth it. Do keep in mind that some of my own songs (CT Ending, SMS Secret, Pollyanna) have been remade in BBDX and are far better now, so you really don't need the BBS versions of those in there.

Also, I keep telling people to get rid of LoZLAEnd (LA's credits), but it keeps showing up. It was NEVER FINISHED - until a couple of days ago in BBDX. It should NOT be played by anyone, I only ever had it put up to get some feedback. I'll post a link to my BDX files as soon as I'm able to.

Edit: Well, my songs aren't on the site they normally are yet, but I have uploaded them here. They're the ones uploaded by Impossible, I've put the download keys in the details.

Edit 2: Yep, I just checked, these were imported with the version of bdxtool that results in super quiet instruments and messed up sound balance. There are some amazing things on here, though - you did a better job finding BBS files than I did, and I'd like to think I have a pretty excellent collection. Can you make a zip/rar of the BBS files themselves, or import them again in the new bdxtool? It would be great to have them converted properly. I mean, I can't speak for ALL BBS composers, but I put a lot of effort into sound balance, and I'm sure many of the people who made those files wouldn't like to think that people are playing them with half of the instruments inaudible.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Also, I feel redundant now. I was going to make an awesome converted BBS collection... Technically, mine is better because they're already fixed BDXs, and they have English titles (that was a pain), but it's probably not worth it. Do keep in mind that some of my own songs (CT Ending, SMS Secret, Pollyanna) have been remade in BBDX and are far better now, so you really don't need the BBS versions of those in there.
No, please do ^^ Mine is a quick-fix--I'd drop it in a second for a quick-fix. English names only make finding new songs all the easier too ^^;; In fact, I'd like to see a compilation done in a similar style--I'm a little lazy and don't want to go through and add your songs in too--especially when I can't remember what songs I have in the first place >____>

Just remember that many of the songs I have look like their names were made with a language pack I don't have installed--if you don't have it either, they'll look gibberish (I have the default ones for Japanese, and some Chinese ones from Microsoft). If you don't mind, I can still upload them. What I did was go through all the links available at the forums, and then, basically grabbed everything from COCOROCO (or however it's spelled) for the sake of having more music
ohmy.gif

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I was doing was taking far too long, though... And it would have required a lot more research, as there were a lot of game songs I kind of knew (at least the series) but couldn't identify. And in the first place, if I didn't know it at all, I don't bother with it. I'll try to put up my files eventually, but in the mean time, I'd just love it if you could import the songs again with the new bdxtool just so they sound right, or post the BBS files.

The new version of the tool requires you to input an activation code into the box under the download link on the site, just so nobody gets confused about that.

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be absolutely incredible if you two could combine your song packs and have English names. I don't know how I, personally, can help, but if I can let me know and I will.

Also, if you want to add any of my songs to the pack (Sonic, Big Blue, Portal [better than the one there, lol], Chocolate Rain, You Get To Burning, All The Small Things, Etc...) let me know and I'll try and turn them into BDX files.

~Dac

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I'll see if I have anything you don't, and then I'll upload some new save files with everything.

Okay, I'm done, but it's still a bit of a rush job. I deleted some doubles (hopefully none were actually different versions of a song with identical titles, I didn't delete Be Somewhere because of that) and renamed some of the Japanese file names I recognised so that it was organised slightly better, making the alphabetical order go in a bit more neatly. Then I added a bunch of extra songs, mostly BBS but also some BDX, to the last save - I think I added some to earlier ones as well, but probably just one or two. I also deleted all my BBSes and replaced them with BDX versions, which are found in the last save.

I actually have a bunch more songs you don't that I found on a Japanese site, but I really didn't want to go searching to make sure you didn't already have some of them, and I wasn't going to bother trying to fill a fourth save. I had all my songs which were already in your files mixed in with the ones that weren't, so it would have been too hard. So I just topped up the third save with some of my favourites, including some fantastic Zelda medleys (two of them start the same, but they're different). And a little Phoenix Wright (I really want more of these, I've heard a few awesome MP3s of PW songs people have made, but I can't find BBS files of them) and Golden Sun. I have some Chrono Trigger songs as well, but there was no more space. >_>

My songs are limited to only the ones I know and can identify, so it's probably for the best that we go with this for now. I think 300 songs will last most people a long time:

http://rapidshare.com/files/129278339/BBS_Songs.rar.html

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say compile another save, and if there's duplicates, eh, who cares
tongue.gif
I end up skipping through a few of the songs anyways, as I completely suck at the faster songs (screw you Megaman
frown.gif
). But for now, time to steal yours :3

I'm surprised there isn't anything like Kid Icarus floating around >.>

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I made this song collection a while back. Most of the songs were named quite decently. Unfortunately, I zipped them up improperly and all the Japanese characters were messed up. I'll post them in case anyone wants to take a stab at renaming them. I recognized one Touhou song in there, so there has to be more. (If you could pick out the Touhou Music, I'll give you a great big hug!)

Oh, and the English names are fine. I wasn't very interested in my collection, so I never bothered to perfect it with proper names and such. Sorry! I hope someone can make something out of them anyway.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?im5xgbtym9y

EDIT: I know for a fact that this collection has To/At Zanarkand, Sousei no Aquarion, Final Fantasy III Battle Theme, Wily's Castle (Megaman 2), Mecha Dragon (The Power Fighters 2), and the Super Smash Brothers Brawl Theme. Those were the songs I played most of the time.

P.S. I don't have the sources anymore. I kept them in a text file that I no longer have.

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Celice said:
I'm surprised there isn't anything like Kid Icarus floating around >.>

There are a few franchises with annoyingly few songs around, although KI isn't exactly much of a series, so that's one case where it makes more sense. I did manage to find one KI song, I believe it's the credits. There are a couple of versions:

http://rapidshare.com/files/129293231/Kid_Icarus.zip.html

Let me know if there's anything else you want me to look for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...