DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Aaah, now i understand. I read it wrong. Thanks for the explanation
smile.gif

But my problem is to GET the save file from the original cartridge, which isnt possible with bdxtool only, am i right?
So, i think i will hexedit the backuptool, so it can handle 8mbit save files, then i will dump the save with my supercard SD from slot2.
After that, i will test if the dumped save is compatible to bdxtool (for adding some custom songs, like the ones from "Impossible").

I hope this will work. I cannot test it atm because i'm still at work
wink.gif

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
@da_rula

Where did you get the bdxtool? The formal site of the bdxtool is here.

If you or your frends can read Japanese, you may find out "BDXAdaptor" other than bdxtool on the above site. This tool can import/export bdx files between "DX cartridge" and "PC". You need NDS Adapter for this purpose.
BDXAdaptor is very good tool so I'm using it every time when I edit the music unit in my DX cartridge.
biggrin.gif

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Unfortunately i don't own the NDS Adaptor. So i have no choice, but to try with save dumping.

And yes, i got the bdxtool from the YasuSoftware page, some days ago
smile.gif

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
da_rula said:
And yes, i got the bdxtool from the YasuSoftware page, some days ago
smile.gif

The recent bdxtool can edit the self made music area only, but old one can edit the download music area. I have both tools, so I can edit total 100+100=200 music unit by using both tools properly.
tongue.gif

Edward Hyena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm coming late to the party because I fried my microSD card shortly before finding out about this game. Long story short, do not futz with your flash media at 5 am when you're under the influence of heavy prescriptions and sleep deprivation.

I've read most of this thread, but over the course of a week, so I may be fuzzy, so I want to get this right :
I buy the game from Japan, use one of the ROM dump tools to make my own ROM of it, and I will have access to downloadable content. There exists a tool that lets me futz with my downloaded songs on the homebrew side of things, but officially I can't delete what I download (I don't really care about putting my save back on the cartridge, since all my cartridges sit on a shelf while my DSTT does the work.) BDXTool lets me import / export files into the user created side of things, but not the downloadable section. I will not have access to the Speaker Channel without homebrew of a Japanese Wii though.

Do I have things right pretty much?

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
Edward Hyena said:
BDXTool lets me import / export files into the user created side of things, but not the downloadable section.

The recent BDXTool can't edit?the downloadable section. If you can use the binary editor, you may swap between the downloadable section and the user created section. The address range is as follows;

BDX .sav file:
0x00190000-0x004AFFFF : Downloadable Section, Max. 100 musics.
0x004B0000-0x007CFFFF : User Created Section, Max. 100 musics.

You can add maximum 100 BDX files to the user created section of .sav by using BDXTool. After that, you swap the above sections by using any binary editor, then the section that you added became the downloadable section.
If you reload the .sav on BDXTool, you can add more 100 BDX files to the user created section. This means you can edit total 200 musics by using BDXTool.
lecture.gif

The one of old version of BDXTool was able to edit the downloadable section too, but it is no longer downloadable. I have it but I can't upload it without permission from Yasu who made it.
ph34r.gif

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yesterday, after work, i tried the hex edited NDS Backup Tool. Unfortunately it doesnt work, i simply cannot dump the save. The option for that is "grey". I switched through all the menus with R and L but
the only thing i was (theoretically) able to do is dumping the game
frown.gif

It seems, there is currently no other way, than sending custom songs from a second DS with a ROM version of the game on flashcard and a edited .sav file. Damnit
huh.gif

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
nori2nori said:
The one of old version of BDXTool was able to edit the downloadable section too, but it is no longer downloadable. I have it but I can't upload it without permission from Yasu who made it.
ph34r.gif

Could you please, at least, share it via PM?....

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
Yummy said:
Could you please, at least, share it via PM?....
If you are the member of NDS BBS, you may get it here.

You can find 2 download links at the bottom of the first thread. The first is new BDXTool (255 K) which isn't latest but not needed activation, and second is old BDXTool (207 K) which can edit downloadable section.

Enjoy
grog.gif

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
Dacvak said:
So, is there a way to convert downloaded songs to .bbs/.bdx?

Anyone?

~Dac
Use the latest version of BDXTool, then you can import .bbs and export .dbx, but you can't convert from .bdx to .bbs.
However, you can't edit the downloadable section of .sav by using latest version of BDXTool, so you may want to use the old version that can edit the user created section.
lecture.gif

Edward Hyena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nori2nori said:
The recent BDXTool can't edit?the downloadable section. If you can use the binary editor, you may swap between the downloadable section and the user created section. The address range is as follows;

BDX .sav file:
0x00190000-0x004AFFFF : Downloadable Section, Max. 100 musics.
0x004B0000-0x007CFFFF : User Created Section, Max. 100 musics.

You can add maximum 100 BDX files to the user created section of .sav by using BDXTool. After that, you swap the above sections by using any binary editor, then the section that you added became the downloadable section.
If you reload the .sav on BDXTool, you can add more 100 BDX files to the user created section. This means you can edit total 200 musics by using BDXTool.
lecture.gif

Attempted, but did not work. Unless I am doing it wrong, which is entirely possible. X.X

kirbycool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you download the new Bdx tool?! I went to his site and theres no options to download it. And plus i dont understand japanese! The only english page is the home page. Can i get a direct link please?

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
@kirbycool

STEP1: Click here.

STEP2: Search the WEB page with the key word of "bdxtool".

STEP3: Search again with the same word, then the cursor is put on the download link of BDXTool, then you click it.

STEP4: You can complete to download of BDXTool. Unzip the bdxtool0807101606.zip to the folder you like.

STEP5: Run the bdxtool.exe on your PC, then the activation code comes up, and copy to the clip board automatically.

STEP6: Put the cursor onto the "ActivationCode:" area on the below of the download link on the WEB Page.

STEP7: Type Ctrl+V to paste the activation code to the "ActivationCode:" area.

STEP8: Click the "GET" button on the right side of the "ActivationCode:" area, then you can download a bdxtool.key file.

STEP9: Copy the bdxtool.key to the folder of bdxtool.exe and run it.

Enjoy!
grog.gif

kirbycool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yaynds.gif
Thanks! It worked! This listen feature is awesome and very useful. Now i can take out all my favorite songs and put them on the same save.
grog.gif

morrissey2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I decided to break down and buy a real copy of Daigasso DX (got a brand new copy off eBay for $40 and free shipping!).

So, since there's apparently no conventional way to delete your save file and start over in Daigasso, do you think it would be possible to use a program like Eepinator and rip my save file from my DX cartridge before I download any wifi songs to it, set that ripped save file aside, and then later on, if I get bored with the 100 tracks I've downloaded, use Eepinator again to transfer the ripped save file back to the DX cartridge (and thus start the game over fresh with no songs downloaded)?

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, advanced BBDX users, help me out here...

A few of these downloadable songs, like Star Wolf, Animal Crossing, and something else, are direct rips from the Band Bros Expansion Pak from the original game. Now, I know that SOMEONE was able to hack the expansion pak and extract the files (probably as .bbs files), because there is a patch for the original game (cough*rom*cough) that saves all of the expansion pak songs over top of the original songs. My question is does anyone know where to get the .bbs files for the expansion pak songs? Basically, I'd love to have some of these Nintendo songs without having to suck up a download slot.

~Dac

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
@morrissey2k7

You can rip the save from the Daigasso DX by using BDXAdaptor with NDS Adaptor, but you can only rip the save from the user created section for the restriction of the tool. If you want to rip the save from the downloadable section too, you need swap the section between them, or you are necessary to use BDXTool in old and new versions properly..
huh.gif

If you download musics from WiFi by using Daigasso DX, your unique ID and key of the cartridge is logged to the Nintendo DX server, and your downloadable count is decremented there. This means you can't increase the downloadable count even if you replace the clean save on the Daigasso DX.
cry.gif

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
@Dacvak

You can use the EXBBEROM tool if you already have g gba ROM image of the expansion pak.

You may want to study Japanese if you can't understand the included text.
wtf.gif

No pain, No gain.
cool.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, im now by episode 8 of lain