DS #0858: Death Note Kira Game (Japan)

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Anyone else experience graphical issues on the DS-X?
Yup. Got some graphical glitches on the title menu (just the bottom screen, top one seems fine) where some random sprites are displayed and it's impossible to make out the text. The rest of the game seems fine though, although I only played for like 3 minutes since, like sixb0nes mentioned, the game looks pretty boring...

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am honestly beginning to wish sixbOnes would get warned/banned. He was funny at first, but now he just seems like another stupid troll.

: /

That said, **** yes! Been waiting for this for a year, now I need meh translation patch.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hate to break it to you, but I doubt a translation is coming. It's a very text heavy game after all.

Yea, I have my doubts too. There really is no point playing this game unless a translation patch comes out.
Well, only thing we can do is hope.

As for that story mode, it'd be fun to have Watashi as Kira..haha.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Hate to break it to you, but I doubt a translation is coming. It's a very text heavy game after all.

Yea, I have my doubts too. There really is no point playing this game unless a translation patch comes out.
Well, only thing we can do is hope.

and I want to bet money with you two guys where I place my bet on that there is a translation patch coming. Then again I presume you guys did only mean a official translation wasn't coming... There are anime-based games by Konami which become translated, but not too often i.e.: Hikaru no Go
and then u have that Shaman game which actually got a translation.

World of Warcraft is a very text heavy game too, yet it's been translated into multi4 among other languages such as korean and so on so forth.
rofl2.gif

Being heavy text based doesn't have anything to do with it
wink.gif
It's more a localization thing. Does people other than the japs know what the Death Note anime is? Nope.. It hasn't officially been translated.. So why bother unless the game is really really good and actually fit those audiences?

*end rant of randomness
lecture.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me that is isn't some Gothic looking material that 16 year old girls on devianTART read.

Because this seriously looks like something I should _definitely_ not read.

So someone convince me this is worth taking a look at (the manga).

vDrag0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone tell me that is isn't some Gothic looking material that 16 year old girls on devianTART read.

With such a biased preconceived opinion, why even ask to have someone convince you lol? But uh what do "Gothic looking material that 16 year old girls on devianTART read" anyways?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

"Light Yagami is a brilliant, but bored, high school student who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground in the year 2003. The Death Note's instructions claim that, if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the Death Note's authenticity, believing it is just a prank. However, after experimenting with it and killing two criminals, Light is forced to admit that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the true owner of the Death Note, a Shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the new world" by passing his judgment on criminals.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" (derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the English word "Killer"), is located in Japan. L also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a race to prove mental superiority between the two begins."
- Wikipedia

*The only "Gothic" in this series is when Misa first appears, but she drops the Gothic act very quickly.

kennyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah...to all the doubters, Death Note is an excellent series.

Unless you have something of a brain retardation and can't stomach things that require you to use some brain cells.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...to all the doubters, Death Note is an excellent series.

Unless you have something of a brain retardation and can't stomach things that require you to use some brain cells.
You had to use your brain cells when? The only time I used my brain was after the end when I thought of ways to make the events in vol. 7 not happen.
Great manga, but if you want to think a Science text book is better.

That said, OMG in Free mode anyone can be kira!! WIN!!

karamu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll probably give this game a play, but no way im going to translate it. not only would my translation be terrible but my god what a huge task. it could be an interesting game, we'll see. oh and people please don't call Japanese "Japs" it is offensive. anyway good luck on getting a translation done
smile.gif
i'm going to go download this now, if interested i'll let you know my thoughts on the game.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

"Watashi" means "I/me"

and I want to bet money with you two guys where I place my bet on that there is a translation patch coming. Then again I presume you guys did only mean a official translation wasn't coming... There are anime-based games by Konami which become translated, but not too often i.e.: Hikaru no Go
and then u have that Shaman game which actually got a translation.

World of Warcraft is a very text heavy game too, yet it's been translated into multi4 among other languages such as korean and so on so forth.
rofl2.gif

Being heavy text based doesn't have anything to do with it
wink.gif
It's more a localization thing. Does people other than the japs know what the Death Note anime is? Nope.. It hasn't officially been translated.. So why bother unless the game is really really good and actually fit those audiences?

*end rant of randomness
lecture.gif

"Jap" is a racial slur. Also, there is funding behind the WoW translations as Blizzard has a market in other countries. People are asking for a patch, as in fan-translated. There is no patch coming. Believing so would be false hope. Look at the Jump series...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag