Hacking Drive compatability issues.

NewbTube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 4TB WD My Book Essentials USB3.0 external drive. I tried to format it to wbfs using the manager on PC and it wouldnt format it. Are there any loaders which run backups from a NTFS or FAT partition?

Or am I doing something wrong?

I am using USBLoader GX and WiiFlow.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They all work with FAT/NTFS nowadays, which is actually the recommended format as WBFS can corrupt existing games when you put new ones on.
I don't think WBFS even works with drives that big.

NewbTube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply. When using USB Loader GX the drive my drive formated to ntfs show up as a 756 GB. I'll reformat it and try again or try CFG or WiiFlow.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks for your reply. When using USB Loader GX the drive my drive formated to ntfs show up as a 756 GB. I'll reformat it and try again or try CFG or WiiFlow.

go on windows start bar (or run), type compmgmt.msc select storage, and disc management. select your externall hard drive (very careful with this, make sure its the right one, otherwise good bye data)

on the bottom screen delete all the partitions (right click) ON YOUR EXTERNAL DRIVE (be careful) after delete all partitions make a new one (again, right click, follow winzard) and create your big partition, or create several ones, just how you like.

ps. i dont know how it is on windows 8, but should be the same way.

NewbTube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I sorted it out. I was missing important ios wads according to modmii. All good now. Running FAT 32 with wbfs files in wbfs folder.

Thanks for your replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo