ROM Hack Dragon Ball Fusions Hacking Thread

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The team'd be better off translating something that's, beyond a shadow of a doubt, confirmed of not coming overseas, like Theatrhythm Dragon Quest, Time Travelers, Gaist Crusher God, E.X. Troopers, etc.
I've always wanted to play the Lost Heroes games, they look fun, and One Piece Super Grand Battle X seems like it would be an easy translation.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems One Piece Super Grand Battle X shares some files like the .jarc files. If work was put into understanding those I'd love to do a menu patch of One Piece Super Grand Battle X.

Reactions: upfromtheskies

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit : I was wrong, quick BMS can repack jarc files :
  • in the folder where you have extracted the files delete those that you have not modified, for example if you have modified the file my_folder\settings\settings.xml then delete all the others and leave only this one (don't touch its path)
  • create a backup copy of the pak file you will modify
  • create a link to quickbms.exe and add -r -w in the "Target:" field in the properties of the link, for example the result should be like: "c:\folder\quickbms.exe" -r -w
  • click on the link you have just created
  • quickbms will guide you step-by-step, so select the jarc.bms file
  • select the original archive in which you want to reimport the files you have modified
  • select the folder where the files reside, exactly the same folder you selected for the extraction
  • at the end of the process quickbms will tell you how many files have been reimported, so verify that they are exactly those you expected

I just wanted to say thank you for your little tutorial on how to repack .jarc files! I never would have figured that out on my own. I've tested and done it seemingly successfully. Haven't tested any edited files in-game yet but it seems to reimport files just fine.

Thanks to your little tidbit here, and a .jarc decompresser (.jcmp)/.jtex/.jimg converter made by Ploaj both this game and One Piece Super Grand Battle X! can be translated (at least the images could be translated for a menu patch)!

I explained my finding's and the link to his tool is in that thread I linked. It's only 3 post long it's a great useful read if you're interested in working on either of these. (note: my name is Zerox there).

Last edited by WillTheLion,

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe the new one piece colosseum game could be translated now that it's out.

From what I noticed, popular franchises almost always get localized, ex: Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Pokemon
it's mostly niche games that not many people know about that need fan translations because they're not cost
effective to translate. Nintendo almost didn't bring over Xenoblade for example

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I noticed, popular franchises almost always get localized, ex: Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Pokemon
it's mostly niche games that not many people know about that need fan translations because they're not cost
I think the new One Piece game will probably get localized, but One Piece Super Grand Battle X has been out in Japan for a few years, so I don't think it will. It's a great game, and would probably be an easy translation since it's mostly just menus and minimal dialogue.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if the new one will get localized, the last two games sucked so I'm sure bandai namco won't localize this one.

PdrNN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please could someone say how do I decrypt and encrypt save the game (Dragon Ball fusions) thanks.

Helmax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as hacking goes, yes I have stopped working on this.
There is no reason and better uses for my time.
Happy fusing, come December!

Reactions: nickwhit

xirtamehtsitahw

Trophies
I simultaneously exist across all moments in time.
XP
Country
United States
Well...I posted the release date because no one else had done so, in case the guy who thought it was still coming out in December hadn't seen the release date. That guy might've still been waiting till later this month for it to release. Trust me--there are people out there who don't notice release dates getting pushed up, and thus end up needlessly waiting for a game to release that's already been released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1