Hacking Download wii games?

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got caught by my ISP for downloading wii games. I called them and they said they would be monitoring my account. So I have not torrented a wii game since. Now I am very anxious to continue downloading them but I don't want to get caught. I know about peer guardian and that shit, the funny thing is that I was using it, so don't suggest that stuff. Also I don't want to hear that they won't do anything, cuz I still don't want to get that letter again. But I still want to download them. Is there a way to backup my games without my ISP finding out?

And I don't pirate every single game. I just bought the conduit today (great game) and I plan to continue to support the gaming industry.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, backing up your own games can be done with Waninkoko's DVD dumper, as well as other tools.

As for how to avoid getting seen by your ISP downloading things, aside from encryption there isn't anything you can really do because all of your traffic goes through them.

gilaben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use private servers. Plenty of site link to .rar sets that can be downloaded off of places lie Mediafire/Megaupload. Just use something like "JDownloader' to auto-download these rar sets. It is literally impossible to be caught.

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gilaben said:
Use private servers. Plenty of site link to .rar sets that can be downloaded off of places lie Mediafire/Megaupload. Just use something like "JDownloader' to auto-download these rar sets. It is literally impossible to be caught.

care to elaborate about how it is impossible?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcjones92 said:
I was thinking usenet, but how does that keep me safe?

And it was the ESA that caught and told my ISP.

Well, encryption keeps you safe. Not only that but with usenet, you're downloading from servers that aren't controlled by the ESA and thus you wouldn't be seen by them.

The reason you can get caught by torrenting is that anyone, including ESA clients, can join in. If they catch you uploading something to them, which is standard with torrents, then they have successfully caught you and they send a report to your ISP.

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
I've actually just started using Usenet over Torrents as my ISP (Sky UK) completely throttled my bandwidth during peak times. I never downloaded during the day (I just to leave my laptop on overnight) but it got so bad that I couldn't watch youtube videos untill after 11pm.

I flipped to Usenet about a month ago and my bandwidth has gone straight back up again - coincidence? I think not!

On another topic - You have The Conduit?! Be a trooper and dump it already! Pretty please!

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have WOW as well and use jdownloader a usenet and have not had a problem yet, and I agree Id like to kick wide Open West in the teeth also you could just tell them you use wireless internet and it is not secured

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
.......cough*dump*cough........
wink.gif

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well your ISP will find out, but most likely won't do something, unless you've been caught already (Which you have sadly, they're probably sending logs of any large files you download to the ESA). The thing with rar files is that you aren't sharing them to other people, only downloading and using them yourself which is only noticed by your ISP (Through large file downloads over a short time) and don't usually tattle tale on your ass unless they are forced to give logs of any piraters to the ESA.

gamer220

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm just curious how usenet works. What site do you use to search usenet? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions. I have heard of usenet but never have downloaded from them before.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamer220 said:
I'm just curious how usenet works. What site do you use to search usenet? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions. I have heard of usenet but never have downloaded from them before.

You have to have usenet access of some sort. Either your ISP provides it or you can pay for access to it.

You usually use Thunderbird or Outlook to access Usenet once it's setup. Any news client would do.

From what I understand you sort of browse it like a forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUJY1jcWmJU