Hacking Downgrading to 3.55

lukands

I took the little bus here
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Are there any negatives effects to downgrading.....or is it totally safe when done right. Will the console be just the same as if it rolled of the factory floor with 3.55

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If done correctly, the internal PS3 syscon will be kinda off. This is due to the fact you forcefully did a hardware flash without the system knowing.

It may cause issues when you install CFW so I suggest you install Toggle QA on 3.55 to reset the syscon back to normal (It would be set on your previous firmware, do it to reset to 3.55).
If you need a comparative example of syscon vs system.
Look at Windows KMS client vs Windows OS.

So install and make sure Toggle QA is there with the button combo then install CFW.

Edit: Basically I'm telling you that it is the same as if rolled off factory but at the same time it isn't and you need to fix it.

Last edited by CheeseCake,

lukands

I took the little bus here
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
If done correctly, the internal PS3 syscon will be kinda off. This is due to the fact you forcefully did a hardware flash without the system knowing.

It may cause issues when you install CFW so I suggest you install Toggle QA on 3.55 to reset the syscon back to normal (It would be set on your previous firmware, do it to reset to 3.55).
If you need a comparative example of syscon vs system.
Look at Windows KMS client vs Windows OS.

So install and make sure Toggle QA is there with the button combo then install CFW.

Edit: Basically I'm telling you that it is the same as if rolled off factory but at the same time it isn't and you need to fix it.

Is Toogle QA part the rebug 4.76 package or is it a seperate download I have to find somewhere?
Edit.....install and run Toogle QA first then install CFW (Rebug)?

Last edited by lukands,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o