Hacking Downgrading my 2ds using a second 3ds with CFW question

darlylara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to give a little back story as to what happened in case it helps at all. This is my first DS and when I bought it I bought with the intentions of installing CFW. Though at the time I did not know you had to do that. So when I opened it and it it asked me to upgrade, " I was like yeah yeah I just want to play Mario Kart already." Big Mistake, little did I know that I would be going through this much trouble. My cousin mentioned that her son had a 3ds that he doesn't use, so I went ahead and installed CFW on it yesterday. Of course like any other 6 year old once you see the game you want play it "now." I held on to the system in order to do the downgrade to my 2ds so I can install custom firmware. I bought Fieldrunners through my computer and it installed on my 2ds, not the 3ds how the instructions suggest. I thought that's okay i'll just log on to my NNID on the 3ds. NOPE, of course not Nintendo has to have the dumbest setup ever and not let me sign in to multiple systems. I did the system transfer in order to transfer the account from 1 DS to the other, Which by the way didn't work, and now it says I have to wait 7 days. Am I going to have to wait 7 days in order to MAYBE be able to successfully downgrade?

Seakay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the unhacked 2ds i'm pretty sure you have to wait... Or maybe you can call Nintendo and invent a stupid story and ask if you can transfer back without wating ...
I may be wrong so somebody wo knows better can correct me

Reactions: darlylara

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks guys decided to Hardmod. The Nintendo ID thing is gonna mess me up, I rather just do that. Seems easier to be honest
Yeah the DSiWare method is really just for people without the skills or equipment or both to do a hardmod. If you can do a hardmod, that's quicker and easier :-)

Reactions: darlylara

Seakay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hardmod is not that complicated even on the o3ds, if you know what you're doing it really not that hard. I had more trouble to close the console with the cables inside (so be sure you have small ones) then so soldering part. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o