Hacking Downgrading Issues

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DS XL, and I tried to downgrade to 9.2 using DSiWarehax. I deleted my home menu extdata but every time I power it on when it's on 9.2 it gives me "an error has occurred, please power off your console" or something like that.
The general consensus for solving this issue seemes to be formatting your 3DS System Memory, but I have a few questions:
If I backup my entire SD card and then format my system memory, then restore my SD Card backup, will I lose any of my data? (Save Data, Games, and such) Or will I have to get back everything?
More questions will probably arise later, this one is the main question I want answered right now.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DS XL, and I tried to downgrade to 9.2 using DSiWarehax. I deleted my home menu extdata but every time I power it on when it's on 9.2 it gives me "an error has occurred, please power off your console" or something like that.
The general consensus for solving this issue seemes to be formatting your 3DS System Memory, but I have a few questions:
If I backup my entire SD card and then format my system memory, then restore my SD Card backup, will I lose any of my data? (Save Data, Games, and such) Or will I have to get back everything?
More questions will probably arise later, this one is the main question I want answered right now.
No because a format changes your movable.sed backup with jksm first for your saves

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, another question, I have a NNID linked to my 3DS, if I format I've heard that the NNID isn't explicitly deleted from the system but the purchases will be gone. Is this true? If so that'd really suck.

Kyousak

Also known as VVSKartell
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, another question, I have a NNID linked to my 3DS, if I format I've heard that the NNID isn't explicitly deleted from the system but the purchases will be gone. Is this true? If so that'd really suck.
The purchases will be saved with the NNID means if you Log In again you have the purchases ready to download

wuboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Last question. I just installed Arm9loaderhax on my New 3DS, and now I can't finish a download on the eShop or even "prepare the sd card" in the Theme Shop. The Theme Shop throws error 009-6106, eShop gives me 005-9034

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
OK. Last question. I just installed Arm9loaderhax on my New 3DS, and now I can't finish a download on the eShop or even "prepare the sd card" in the Theme Shop. The Theme Shop throws error 009-6106, eShop gives me 005-9034
Try making two files on your SD card under Nintendo 3DS/random id/random id/dbs called title.db and import.db. If they already exist then delete them first. You can make txt files and rename the extension. Make sure you don't accidentally create title.db.txt or anything. When you try to rename the extension it should give you a warning.

Then, go to Settings -> Software -> 3DS software. You should get a message saying something is corrupt and it will rebuild your databases. After that, installing stuff should work.

Reactions: Arubaro

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So question on the subject of downgrading, ran through the guide step by step, but when I completed the system transfer opting for pc based transfer, my new 3ds never asked for the SD card to be inserted at the end to install the dsiware...is that a common issue and is there a fix outside of my waiting for Nintendo to let me transfer again?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So question on the subject of downgrading, ran through the guide step by step, but when I completed the system transfer opting for pc based transfer, my new 3ds never asked for the SD card to be inserted at the end to install the dsiware...is that a common issue and is there a fix outside of my waiting for Nintendo to let me transfer again?
Restore the pre-transfer backup on the source, and move your DSiWare to the SD card. Put the SD card in the target 3DS and choose to move from SD card to system memory.

Because of the transfer, the target and the pre-transfer source can read the same Nintendo 3DS folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY