Hacking Downgrade Updates on Wii U Games?

Rainbowfied Pokemaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About your "versions.bin", you are right. You dont have that line. Then it must because you dont have well installed the updates; So my recommendation is that you delete all the game of BotW and install it again; start the game and let the game download the last update. So that way, you are forcing the Wii U to recognize the game as its installed in the console and it should appear now in the "versions.bin". And if that doesnt works, Try to download a DLC from the e-shop too. And if that doesn't works... Im sorry but you are going to use the last version of BotW for playing. :(
Well unfortunately i can’t update my games because they always fail(without DNS blocking). I’ll try to update now and post the error code.

EDIT: I get the error code 105-0563.

EDIT 2: I deleted my internet settings and got it to update about to try the versions.bin edit.

EDIT 3: Oh well, that didn't either. That must be because it got it from Wii U usb helper.

EDIT 4: Wait it’s probably because I keep deleteing the update before changing the versions.bin because I’m dumb I’ll try again later today.

Last edited by Rainbowfied Pokemaster,

papakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same problem, and i using a EU version
Code:
 00 05 00 0E 10 1C 94 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 70 00 05 00 0E 10 1C 95 00 00 00 20 25 00 00 00 70
with this code i had the same error

But i see in the code for US version isnt 20 25 but FF FF,
I have downgrade a update then my old update (V192) Has to leave tracks.

So i have modded code for EU with
Code:
00 05 00 0E 10 1C 94 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 70 00 05 00 0E 10 1C 95 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 70

This is a clear code, with this my console download a v112 update for BoTW :)

P.S: sorry for my bad english

SOrry i speak in french to thanks this HERO : Putain mec tu assures grave tu m'as débloqué je te suis 1000 fois reconnaissant !! U help me that unbelieveable !!! Its the GOOD way to erase the f...king 1.5 update to 1.4 for me !!! A big thx man !!

Kartina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me with this? I don't know which byte to change.

This is the line I have for minecraft, how can I change it so it wont prompt me for an update.

0005 0000 101D 9D00 0000 FFFF 02B0 0000

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Similar problem here, I want to roll back to a previous version but the game keeps wanting the higher version.
I've found that system config tool has this option: "initialize title version table" but idk if that would reset for just my game or for EVERY title version which is too dangerous. I don't have a rednand to test it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Similar problem here, I want to roll back to a previous version but the game keeps wanting the higher version.
I've found that system config tool has this option: "initialize title version table" but idk if that would reset for just my game or for EVERY title version which is too dangerous. I don't have a rednand to test it.
I figured out how to do this manually. it's not very hard really, but I don't know what happens if you mess up the file. it's the versions.bin. you have to know the title id of the game you want to downgrade. the easiest way I've found is the ticket (title.tik). this is the ticket that I learned how to do this for. it's from @Laf111 's ftp server app. this is where the title id is located (these 8 bytes):

1633426049469.png

look up the title id via hex values in the versions.bin like this line:

1633426173879.png

those two bytes highlighted are the version for the game in the versions.bin. since this app relies on versions like 6.0 (06 00) and 6.1 (06 10), just change the byte to reflect that. this app contains updates as well. I've heard that if you put 00 00 in either the main game or the update (forgot which), it will negate the updates entirely. if you want to downgrade to a specific update, you have to turn the number of the version into a hex value (google it).

Reactions: Laf111 and ber71

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we delete / uninstall the game, don't we have the first version of this game after reinstall it?

no, the versions.bin insures that the game will not run unless the update recorded in it or higher update is installed. it will say something like "an update is required to run this software." it's kinda bullshit.

Reactions: flowlapache

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far