Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a long shot but maybe. I know for certain NUP is pretty much out of the question, but a CUP might just work.

The thing is he would have to update via NUP at some point to get back to a proper N3DS system. At least two NUP updated files are N3DS unique (browser and nver) and maybe more.

IF he can get back to the home menu then he can PROBABLY run a CUP, and if he can run a CUP he can most likely run a NUP. The problem is I do not think the system will even load the home menu since it would be using the wrong memory mapping and trying to write the wrong data to the wrong registers since it is using O3DS modules for those tasks instead of the N3DS ones.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually depending on the method he used to downgrade, there is a good chance that some or all of the N3DS unique files would still be present in CTRNAND since most methods only deleted the title if the titleID matched one being installed but the version was different. In that case it is quite possible that if he were to inject a N3DS native_firm to the firm0/firm1 partitions, his system MIGHT boot into safemode again. Maybe. Possibly.

Its worth a try anyways.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to report another success. I tried this for fun (updated my already 9.2 just to do the test) and it worked great I made it from 10.5 back to 9.2.

I did this completely under Linux if anyone else wants to know how I can explain. wine only worked for 3dsfirm.exe for ctrtool and xor I used native Linux versions.

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Another successful downgrade from 10.5 to 10.2. As I don't have have a hardmod, I did it on my emuNAND and didn't downgrade to 9.2 because it's not the point of this WIP.

o3DS [EmuNAND] = 10.5 -> 10.2

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Think they are asking if they could fix without a proper backup using this patcher.
In that case, no. Using this patch, you just inject the 10.2 FIRM into your NAND w/o changing the keys. Every console has an unique key, in case of a injected NAND Backup with a different key, your console won't boot.

D

Deleted User

It's so cool that you now can downgrade with hardmod without a NAND backup from an older firmware!

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case, no. Using this patch, you just inject the 10.2 FIRM into your NAND w/o changing the keys. Every console has an unique key, in case of a injected NAND Backup with a different key, your console won't boot.
I know this, read a few post up, it seems most files between n3ds n o3ds are the same. So its a possibility patching the nand on their system may or may not fix it. Like i said 99% failure rate. If someone had a brick to test would be a good test.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I may be wrong but wouldn't this hopefully be a way to fix the recovery mode for people that put the wrong files on. Since if I understand right the recovery mode is in the firm files. This would be a way to get the right ones on the system and allow a recovery update to fix the system.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be wrong but wouldn't this hopefully be a way to fix the recovery mode for people that put the wrong files on. Since if I understand right the recovery mode is in the firm files. This would be a way to get the right ones on the system and allow a recovery update to fix the system.

If you have a bricked console and hardmod, give it a try. That's the only way to find out really.

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hold on a second, if there are people who have downgraded their N3DS with an O3DS pack and resulted in a brick, would this method also allow those users to unbrick?

Theoricaly yes, you need to put in firmoriginal the native_firm used in the downgrade process, when you downgrade with the wrong pack of cias you install a wrong native_firm install a downgraded copy of the old3ds version of a cia (the face raider app for example) and downgraded the common apps in you restored the native_firm with a 10.2 N3DS native_firm then you'll have the correct native_firm and the system can be launched but with a semidowngraded firmware and I don¡t know if the system can work propertly

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoricaly yes, you need to put in firmoriginal the native_firm used in the downgrade process, when you downgrade with the wrong pack of cias you install a wrong native_firm install a downgraded copy of the old3ds version of a cia (the face raider app for example) and downgraded the common apps in you restored the native_firm with a 10.2 N3DS native_firm then you'll have the correct native_firm and the system can be launched but with a semidowngraded firmware and I don¡t know if the system can work propertly
Most users that bricked were on 10.3. So wouldn't the files we are using now work, in theory?

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Quick Question. Is it possible to Spoof Firmware version and makes the console thinks that the current firmware of 9.2 instead of 10.5. If possible can we use any game to upgrade any less Firmware like 10.3 or 9.2+, so there may be we getting a chance to downgrade without hardmod.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I need some help with this, please...
I'm a little lost with the decrypted NATIVE_FIRM files?
Where do I find those? 10.4 / 10.5 and 10.2?
I have a couple of firmware.bin I got from @Reisyukaku's gitHub but I don't know if those are the ones and, if so, which are the correct version.

Meanwhile I'm gonna check the other iso site...

EDIT:
I've found @Aurora Wright's thread with two zip packages containing:
10.4 FIRM for both Old3DS and New3DS in a file called FIRMsv3
The other file FIRMsNTR only contains 10.2 FIRM for New3DS

Since I need 10.2 FIRM for Old3DS, I'm still searching...

Last edited by mvmiranda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sometimes that's all you you need, to bring back to life, i need to put that on my medical card...