gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It wouldn't have worked back then because the firm update in 9.3 was a version change, not a revision change. If you had tried this you would have gotten a brick because of the stuff I mentioned earlier in the thread about the firm checks done by the exheaders.
im not sure what versions i was playing with this was a long time ago and was only playing about for the sake of it as i said at the time there was no really reason for me doing it other than just seeing if it was possible

but i do remember there was a brick wall i hit it may have been that, basically all i was saying is im glad this actually ended up working congratz.

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Plailect,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so people who fucked up, and ended up on 10.4 and 10.5 can downgrade now? That's cool!

Can this be blocked in 10.6?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so people who fucked up, and ended up on 10.4 and 10.5 can downgrade now? That's cool!

Can this be blocked in 10.6?

Actually fixed? No. It's a hardware vulnerability from what I understand. At best they can put in a stop-gap that prevents it working for a few iterations of the firm but eventually they won't be able to even do that.

That said they CAN make it functionally useless for our purposes without any code changes. All they need to do is increase the firm minor version number with 10.6 (and again any time they patch a kexploit) and at the same time update a single system title (ideally the home menu) to check for the new firm version.

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it won't do anything to 10.3 since you are installing the 10.2 firmware and 10.3 and 10.2 have the same firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I went to the drive thru lady hands me me receipt go up to the 2nd window same lady hands me my...