Doubt regarding SEN Enabler and a future 4.90 OFW

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have Evilnat 4.89 installed and if 4.90 OFW is out should I wait until a CFW which supports 4.90 is out and install it to access PSN or should I use SEN Enabler to manually spoof (since it mightn't be updated to support the 4.90 OFW when it's out because it already doesn't support the latest OFWs) the PS3 to 4.90 and access PSN, and if the latter, would the likelihood of getting banned increase because my FW (4.90) would then be higher than the official one (4.89)?

EDIT: Aldostools said in webMAN MOD's GitHub repository that using SEN Enabler isn't safe anymore because many validations have changed on PSN servers side so I guess I shouldn't use it to spoof the PS3 and I should delete it and wait for a CFW that supports the latest FW is out.

EDIT 2: It seems it's possible to access the PSN safely without using SEN Enabler to spoof the PS3 and if using webMAN MOD, uploading a file called "ps3-updatelist.txt" to "/dev_hdd0/ps3-updatelist.txt" and restarting the PS3 or of if using webMAN MOD and installing webMAN - System Spoofer on the PS3 (which actually extracts the "ps3-updatelist.txt" to "/dev_hdd0/ps3-updatelist.txt"). The "ps3_updatelist.txt" file must match the latest FW or it won't work. Since I don't want to install webMAN MOD I'll wait until a new CFW that supports the latest FW is out.

EDIT 3: It seems if installing Evilnat DEX or D-PEX or if installing Evilnat PEX version after following these steps.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo