Homebrew doom

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now just need to find a way to access the C Nub and ZL/ZR
The c nub can already be assigned using the key bindings menu. The zl and zr buttons are genuinely broken. They both map to the same key - just picking new keys would fix it. Page up/down would probably be a descent choice. They both currently point to right control.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know but I was kinda feeling like changing the frequency response since it is sooooo low, it's only 11025 Hz.
This is the source frequency for all of the sound assets in doom. So I am not sure that increasing it would help. The software mixing is 16 bit but shifted down to 8 bit for playback. So that might be something worth addressing. The music playback is 32728 hz which I think is the native 3ds playback rate.

purpasmart96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the source frequency for all of the sound assets in doom. So I am not sure that increasing it would help. The software mixing is 16 bit but shifted down to 8 bit for playback. So that might be something worth addressing. The music playback is 32728 hz which I think is the native 3ds playback rate.
Gzdoom can play at pretty much any frequency, so I guess I have been spoiled by it then...

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well try it out then. Keep in mind you will need to resample the sounds at the higher frequency. Also the pc has lots of extra cpu time to resample and apply filters to the sound. The 3ds does not.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive managed to set the frequency to 22050, music sounds normal sfx isn't quite right though.
I am guessing that you ignored the part about resampling the sounds?
The music is being converted from mus to pcm in realtime. So the music mixing rate can be changed without any additional changes.

The sfx mixing assumes that all of the sounds have the same playback rate as the mixing rate. You would need to account for that. In this particular case (11025 to 22050) you would need to effectively play each input sample twice. Unless you apply some sort of up filter conversion it will sound exactly the same. This is why I recommended the 8 bit to 16 bit playback as this will address loss of precision while mixing.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hurrah! The latest version designed for the N3DS has finally gotten sound working on my O3DS! The original release worked fine with sound for me but none of the versions since then have. I'm delighted that the N3DS version has fixed the sound for even the O3DS. I can finally update to a newer version! ^_^

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Mapping the C Nub Yesterday. Would not work.
For verification: In the Doom Game, Press Start to show the Game Menu, go down to Options, Setup, Key Bindings. Correct? I go down to Turn Left, press A(Enter) and try to direct C Nub Left but I get nothing. I even try to hold it, and I get nothing.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Mapping the C Nub Yesterday. Would not work.
For verification: In the Doom Game, Press Start to show the Game Menu, go down to Options, Setup, Key Bindings. Correct? I go down to Turn Left, press A(Enter) and try to direct C Nub Left but I get nothing. I even try to hold it, and I get nothing.
Are you using the latest version? The initial release only looked at the first 16 bits of the key events. A subsequent version updated this to look at all 32 bits. But that was a while ago. The current version works fine for me.

D

Deleted User

Are you using the latest version? The initial release only looked at the first 16 bits of the key events. A subsequent version updated this to look at all 32 bits. But that was a while ago. The current version works fine for me.

Assuming you test through Ninjhax. The issue seems to occur with CIA homebrew, and I've encountered it with my own. I tried adding ir:rst to the service access list, but that didn't seem to fix it, and it also breaks it on older firmwares where the service doesn't exist. I'm still trying to figure out how to properly gain access to N3DS controls through CIA homebrew.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there any way to assign a specific button to changing weapon in the latest N3DS release (on an O3DS)? I swear this existed in the older releases but seems to be missing in this version. Alternatively, does anybody know which key binding I should change?

Akdul

Trophies
Website
raulbojalil.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
I decided to implement analog movement (circle pad) as suggested by elhobbs. I also changed some of the default key bindings (like weapon switching to Dpad Up). Download the compiled CIA here:

https://github.com/raulbojalil/prboom3ds/raw/n3ds/prboom3ds.cia

So, now it's pretty much perfect for me. Perhaps the only thing missing is a map in the touch screen like in DsDoom (there is a lot of space in the numeric keypad screen). Perhaps the interface could be like the one in Majora's Mask 3D, with the items/weapons buttons at the sides (for easy finger access) and the map in the center of the screen.

Using the Latest one where AKdul Updated the Banners

The C Stick should work fine. Sadly I cannot test it as I don't have a N3DS. I think it is as Steveice10 says, that it doesn't work in the CIA version.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
^Wow, my posts just above was pretty much asking for exactly this! Thanks! :)

EDIT: I'm getting an issue where the camera just spins around on the spot. I assume this is due to the new analogue stick implementation?

Akdul

Trophies
Website
raulbojalil.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
^Wow, my posts just above was pretty much asking for exactly this! Thanks! :)

EDIT: I'm getting an issue where the camera just spins around on the spot. I assume this is due to the new analogue stick implementation?

Sorry, I commited but didn't push :ha: . Please try downloading again.

And the binding you are looking for is in Weapons -> Best (default key 0, although that switches between your current best weapons only). Or just touch the keyboard number key corresponding to the weapon you want to switch to.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I take it the .3ds copy would be better than the .cia copy and would allow the C Nub?

Edit: Kind of a sound delay when Firing or opening a Door. Also, if you Press Down with the D Pad, you go to the Map and you can not get out of it

D

Deleted User

So I take it the .3ds copy would be better than the .cia copy and would allow the C Nub?

Edit: Kind of a sound delay when Firing or opening a Door. Also, if you Press Down with the D Pad, you go to the Map and you can not get out of it

Possibly as I haven't had it tested, but I doubt it'd be all that different from the CIA build as they're roughly the same thing from different data sources.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg