Doom 64 ds port

theone390

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here it is. just get a copy of doom64, and create a wad with the wad app, which should be on the github with the doom64 thing.
I get a guru meditation error after selecting difficulty or letting the demo play. How do i fix it

Attachments

• IMG_20220706_233309620_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220706_233309620_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60

theone390

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if maybe it doesn't work on the dsi. It's pretty old using old tools. Iirc, the file is 399.5kb.
OK I found the solution. it was NDS-bootstrap causing the trouble. my brothers 3ds has an older version of Twilight menu with nds bootstrap 0.46.0 which booted it and got past the difficulty screen and played like normal. so i got the same Twilight menu version on my dsi and turned on vram boost and it worked. Also dldi patch it first

Last edited by theone390,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work on the latest TwilightMenu and bootstrap on the 3ds, which is what I'm on. Not sure about the dsi. I think the first upload either got corrupted creating the zip or with the upload itself.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to butt in on this thread as well, but as an expert on old FPS games I would like to have my say. 😉 I confirm that this game works perfectly from SD slot of DSi with these settings: latest TwilightMenu++ , via Flipnote Lenny (and then Memory Pit) as an exploit and inserting the nds and wad files provided above into the same directory. I should add that this is a nice surprise: I didn't know about this funny version of Doom disguised as Quake (or maybe the other way around 😂 ).
Edit: do the menu options not work also for you, especially the brightness slider?
And you can't even save the game.
Too bad! 😫

Last edited by Nikokaro,

theone390

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to butt in on this thread as well, but as an expert on old FPS games I would like to have my say. 😉 I confirm that this game works perfectly from SD slot of DSi with these settings: latest TwilightMenu++ , via Flipnote Lenny (and then Memory Pit) as an exploit and inserting the nds and wad files provided above into the same directory. I should add that this is a nice surprise: I didn't know about this funny version of Doom disguised as Quake (or maybe the other way around 😂 ).
Edit: do the menu options not work also for you, especially the brightness slider?
Too bad! 😫

View attachment 317134
It stopped working. Can you show me your settings? And/or your NDS file.
EDIT: i figured it out. You can't use unlaunch to launch twilight menu.

Last edited by theone390,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can you show me your settings? And/or your NDS file
What do you mean by "your settings"? TwilightMenu++ settings are the default ones, I never changed them. As I said, I used the 2 nds and wad files kindly posted above by @godreborn .

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad! 😫

View attachment 317134
Yeah, it seems the dev abandoned the project, so there's no saving code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0