Hardware Don't Understand 2 Parts

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking good my man, I would just suggest some things.

Get a CPU Cooler like the one above, you will want that in the long run, and get thermal paste if it doesn't come with any.
Get some RAM of course :P
That's a pretty big case.
And static my hurt your components, so try not to build on it (i.e Carpet)
I don't see a power supply, so when you do get one don't forget to connect your CPU cable also! Many new builders have a problem with that.

I'm building it as I go. I will get a CPU cooler from NewEgg (The one I linked). I will not forget to do all the cables on the power supply. I'm using Austin Evan's video on how to build a gaming PC for a visual so I get a general idea on what to do. :P

Last edited by Skyshadow101,
Reactions: Deleted User

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. And one more question. I am trying to plug in the SPEAKER plugin. It doesn't tell me where to plug it in in the motherboard manual or the case manual. I do infact see a plugin with JSP1 with 4 pins (the same as the plugin) with the next pin missing. Is that the right place to plug it in?

D

Deleted User

Okay. And one more question. I am trying to plug in the SPEAKER plugin. It doesn't tell me where to plug it in in the motherboard manual or the case manual. I do infact see a plugin with JSP1 with 4 pins (the same as the plugin) with the next pin missing. Is that the right place to plug it in?
It could be two places. I plugged mine in in the JAUD1 port because I thought that stood for JAudio. You can also plug it in the JSP2 port but try JAUD first because that it where my manuel tells me to.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be two places. I plugged mine in in the JAUD1 port because I thought that stood for JAudio. You can also plug it in the JSP2 port but try JAUD first because that it where my manuel tells me to.

It told me to plug my HD Audio cable in the JAUD, I don't see any more. I also don't see any JSP ports. All I see is JSPI1.

888d45775e820e27e971e725642dfc7c.jpg

I did in fact try JFP2 and it was a perfect fit. I could not get it in JSPI1.

I think it is JFP2 since there is a legend next to it saying SPK- and SPK+.

Last edited by Skyshadow101,
D

Deleted User

It told me to plug my HD Audio cable in the JAUD, I don't see any more. I also don't see any JSP ports. All I see is JSPI1.

888d45775e820e27e971e725642dfc7c.jpg
Oh damn you just reminded me I forgot to plug in my HD audio cable dammit

Alright, so what cables on JSPI1 are you working with? Power button, HDD Light, and power light is all i'm assuming?

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put the speaker in JSPI1 and see if that works
I tried, no go. The plastic around the holes block it from being plugged in all the way, since the other pins are hitting the plastic when I push it in.

It might be JFP2. There is a legend next to it saying SPK- and SPK+. It plugged it in and it was a perfect fit.

D

Deleted User

I tried, no go. The plastic around the holes block it from being plugged in all the way, since the other pins are hitting the plastic when I push it in.

It might be JFP2. There is a legend next to it saying SPK- and SPK+. It plugged it in and it was a perfect fit.
SPK might stand for Speaker so yeah that might be where it's suppose to go

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh neat! I have that exact same power supply! That's a good PSU.

Cool. I got it instead of a 400 watt so I could have more room to upgrade. I paid a little more so I could get it from NewEgg. For some reason when I paid for standard shipping (7-8 business days) on all of my other parts that I have now, they came to my doorstep in 2 days. They were all from New Jersey and Idaho. I thought that was awesome, lol.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's where it's suppose to go.

It says so on page 9 of the manual (or at least it does in the one on msi's site).

I looked in the manual that came with the motherboard. I just found the legend, and I was like, "There we go!"

Only thing I'm worried about is if it will get caught in the fan of my Graphics Card, it's mighty close.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only thing I'm worried about is if it will get caught in the fan of my Graphics Card, it's mighty close.

Just bend the wires so it hangs down and away from the card.

If you're really worried it's going to catch the fans, you don't actually have to have it connected. The pc will still boot, you'll just have to plug it back in if the pc ever fails to start to get the beep code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls