Hacking don't know what i'm missing.

ghostxmosh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've had this cart for a long time. over a year. i used it in a dsi, but recently got a 3ds.

i basically reformated it. i deleted everything off it. i downloaded the newest firmware, 1.8.8, as well as the 3ds21 update.

i tried to run it on a dslite and it just stays on the "loading" screen. am i doing something wrong?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Your flashcart is "over a year" old, as you said. It's most likely a Hardware Identity 4444 (or HWID 44 for short). Those are pretty old batches of ak2i's that currently can't update to the latest firmware. I guess you'll be fine on a lite. If you still haven't run the update, great; running it on a HWID 44 can brick your ak2i (although you can restore to an older update that works on HWID 44s by swapping).

ghostxmosh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, okay, so basically it's just the cart itself and i just need to buy a new one?

edit- i'm wanting to run it on my 3ds, i'm just using the dsl to update it.

ghostxmosh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same problem happened to me when i upgraded acekard 2i for my customers,but the acekard 2i start to work after i reinserted and rebooted my DS Lite.
If your acekard 2i still stuck at loading,Try to change a new microSD card.

i tried using a different microsd last night. didn't work then either. i dont know if im missing a file i need or if simply i need a new 2i.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
The same problem happened to me when i upgraded acekard 2i for my customers,but the acekard 2i start to work after i reinserted and rebooted my DS Lite.

i tried using a different microsd last night. didn't work then either. i dont know if im missing a file i need or if simply i need a new 2i.
You don't need to use a different SDHC card you need to find out what the hardware ID is (I forget how you do it but it isn't difficult). If your HW ID is 4444 then you need a new cart. If it is 8181 then just download the patch file and it should work.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

You don't need to use a different SDHC card you need to find out what the hardware ID is (I forget how you do it but it isn't difficult). If your HW ID is 4444 then you need a new cart. If it is 8181 then just download the patch file and it should work.
When loaded, the updater will tell you which HWID your ak2i is. I think the acekard team blocked ak2i's with HWID 44 in order to prevent bricks, which explains why the OP's ak2i aborts from the updater when loaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k