Hacking Don't hold on to anything. New Vita "tricks" from mr gas

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes this feature I would also love to use. Too bad the only tout available is the Ps TV whitelist bypass
I believe it just started and that mr.gas will provide us with other goodies. after all the readme says it can do all these things and he confirmed it can even if Hykem apparently debunked some of those.
I'm puzzled about the "no homebrew statement", since as I understand it (and yeah I'm new to the vita) if you got the package installer you can also install things like Retroarch = Emulators = Homebrew.
Why did Hykem say it's not possible? Am I missing something?

Radwan126

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
changing the region is the ultimate goal for me xD
if it's easy for hackers to do it then why didn't Sony do it in the first place ?
nope , they made it one account per Memory card to make you buy more super expensive Memory cards so they can get more money...

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's easy for hackers to do it then why didn't Sony do it in the first place ?
nope , they made it one account per Memory card to make you buy more super expensive Memory cards so they can get more money...
They did it because they wanted a vita to be a per-person thing, not a per-family situation like the PS4.

Also, remember being able to switch regions is something Sony allows, but doesn't directly support (probably due to pressure that would occur from licenses). So, they're not going to go out of their way to make our lives as a region switcher any easier.

Proof of this is dev consoles can already easily switch PSN accounts/regions to test their game in different regions. The code is there, however it's locked out due to the Vita being designed as a single user's system, and not a family system.

Reactions: Radwan126

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's not one per, it's one at a time. You can just backup, format and switch accounts whenever you want, no need to buy multiple cards. Still a pain, but they're not "making" you buy anything.

I believe it just started and that mr.gas will provide us with other goodies. after all the readme says it can do all these things and he confirmed it can even if Hykem apparently debunked some of those.
I'm puzzled about the "no homebrew statement", since as I understand it (and yeah I'm new to the vita) if you got the package installer you can also install things like Retroarch = Emulators = Homebrew.
Why did Hykem say it's not possible? Am I missing something?
The Package Installer can only install DRM free apps/demos, not homebrew (without some sort of exploit).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Interesting... Maybe it's time to go hunt for a cheap PSTV. Don't own a Vita, and probably never will, but a cheap PSTV would be nice for the few games that actually interest me.

Radwan126

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I know how to switch accounts and such , but it's a pain in the ass to backup everything , formatting the MC, switching regions ...
There was a glitch in previous firmwares that would allow you to keep your apps and games from other regions without trophies , but they patched it for no reason , it was so very useful .

jon2491

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
I have an updated Vita and an updated PS TV sharing the same memory card.
In the future could I still update Vita, download new games etc. and play them on my PS TV with an older firmware? (sharing the memory card as I said before)
I'd love having the "all games white list" while still connecting to the Store through Vita to play new games on PS TV.
Thanks.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One a vita mem card has been used on a higher firmware it cannot be used on a device with a lower firmware, it will request to update when powered on

Reactions: jon2491

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm curious, @Hykem, would any of these tricks let us play some of the "incompatible" PSOne Classics on our Vita? Is there a similar whitelist file for PSOne Classics, or are some of the lockouts on PSOne Classics built into the games themselves? I'm thinking of things like the Spyro trilogy or the Crash games that are considered "incompatible" for the US but work fine on EU accounts.

Would we simply be able to do the PS3 transfer from a US account, then do a region spoof and have them play as if it were an EU copy?

Yes, I believe one of the launch lists controls that.
Check this post here: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=390409#p390409

These lists:

Code:
vs0:data/internal/launch/list_launch_emu.dat
vs0:data/internal/launch/list_launch_teleport.dat
vs0:data/internal/launch/list_launch_vita.dat
vs0:data/internal/launch/version_launch.dat

Map to:

Code:
ur0:game/launch/list_launch_emu.dat
ur0:game/launch/list_launch_teleport.dat
ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat
ur0:game/launch/version_launch.dat

And, if I recall correctly, you can modify the list_launch_emu.dat to allow any PSOne/PSP game to work.

On a side note, freakler94 at hackinformer is putting together a nice list of tutorials for each one of the "tricks": http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/INFO_PKGINST.html

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I believe one of the launch lists controls that.
Check this post here: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=390409#p390409

These lists:

Code:
vs0:data/internal/launch/list_launch_emu.dat
vs0:data/internal/launch/list_launch_teleport.dat
vs0:data/internal/launch/list_launch_vita.dat
vs0:data/internal/launch/version_launch.dat

Map to:

Code:
ur0:game/launch/list_launch_emu.dat
ur0:game/launch/list_launch_teleport.dat
ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat
ur0:game/launch/version_launch.dat

And, if I recall correctly, you can modify the list_launch_emu.dat to allow any PSOne/PSP game to work.

On a side note, freakler94 at hackinformer is putting together a nice list of tutorials for each one of the "tricks": http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/INFO_PKGINST.html
Interesting. Will definitely have to mess around with this then, wanna see if I can get Spyro on my Vita now without dicking around with account switching :yay:

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Will definitely have to mess around with this then, wanna see if I can get Spyro on my Vita now without dicking around with account switching :yay:

But the only method that has been released was the whitelist bypass though? How do you use games between different profiles?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
But the only method that has been released was the whitelist bypass though? How do you use games between different profiles?
...right? Like I said, I want to see if I can use the whitelist bypass to play the Spyro games on my US account, instead of having to use an EU one. I never said anything about different profiles.

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh gotcha. Well i just used mr. Gas's trick my my ps tv and im in love. I hope dont doesnt patch this. I could care less about the other features now

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, all of the games I tried don't work off the bat (Love Live, Moe Chronicles, HDN Rebirth) and I can't get the damn email to work to dump my app.db... Welp, I guess I'll wait for a comprehensive guide, then.

Lapan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I imported Muramasa from na back then, but since the dlc was region locked and i started the game on my eu account, i haven't touched it yet. If i would change my region with this, would my eu save still work?

Would i also get access to the superior Na store? The eu vita store is and has always been a mess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: