Hacking Don't hold on to anything. New Vita "tricks" from mr gas

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone elaborate what the "CMA Backup for anyone" does specifically? Like, if I were to do this on my JPN account, then switch to my US account, would I be able to play my JPN DLC while on my US account?

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can someone elaborate what the "CMA Backup for anyone" does specifically? Like, if I were to do this on my JPN account, then switch to my US account, would I be able to play my JPN DLC while on my US account?
If you want to play games yes but if you want to play a US game with JPN dlc this is impossible.
You will have to wait until someone makes a guide about this ^_^ I would like to try that out myself

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play games yes but if you want to play a US game with JPN dlc this is impossible.
You will have to wait until someone makes a guide about this ^_^ I would like to try that out myself
No, I want to play a JPN game with JPN dlc on a US account (IA/VT Colorful. I bought the DLC but I don't want to use my JPN account since all my other games are on my US account)

If this was possible, I would be forever happy with my Vita.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha What?! Did they not test this before releasing? :huh:
Exactly my thoughts, aren't you supposed to make a guide of what you successfully did... Not spitball it and go, eh this might work.

Keep in mind tho, this was just hackinformer's attempt to use what has been released. Mr Gas and Major Tom claim it is capable of bubbles. So when they release their stuff fully (which should be soon) there should be a way.

Last edited by Yamagushi,

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly my thoughts, aren't you supposed to make a guide of what you successfully did... Not spitball it and go, eh this might work.

Keep in mind tho, this was just hackinformer's attempt to use what has been released. Mr Gas and Major Tom claim it is capable of bubbles. So when they release their stuff fully (which should be soon) there should be a way.

I'm hoping so too. When I get home, I'm going to try the region swap hack. I'm assuming that will force access to the preferred region store? Meaning I could download PSO2 on my American PSN?

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can always play my Vita games on my Vita TV, shut down or not, no reactivation needed.

also just wanna state that you cannot complete Uncharted Golden Abyss as Motion sensor will not work, you will fall down tree trunks bridges and start back at checkpoint. :(

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I can always play my Vita games on my Vita TV, shut down or not, no reactivation needed.

also just wanna state that you cannot complete Uncharted Golden Abyss as Motion sensor will not work, you will fall down tree trunks bridges and start back at checkpoint. :(
weird, it's almost like pstv users were locked out of that game on purpose...
:)
(but sure i have seen there are some games that have no real reason to be locked out) - something like the jp version working on pstv, but the eur version not. or eur version working and usa not, very annoying.

anyways what will this exploit help me with my PS vita it wont help me in anything
well, what do you want help with?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you wouldnt be able to get past this part also (3:24)
uses both the touch screen and camera

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
but what is this good for?
we change the account id... ok, but why?
as in, changing it to '000..' will make it universal, and work for everyone? (a bit like a legit cia) :)

"Note: This process could damage your Vita and WILL delete your PSN activation!"
i assume if we write back the original backup of the file then the vita will become 'activated' again?

Last edited by cearp,

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
but what is this good for?
we change the account id... ok, but why?
as in, changing it to '000..' will make it universal, and work for everyone? (a bit like a legit cia) :)

"Note: This process could damage your Vita and WILL delete your PSN activation!"
i assume if we write back the original backup of the file then the vita will become 'activated' again?
I don't think so.
You will have to connect your PSV to your PS3 or net to activate it :)
It's something like legit cia ^^

Reactions: cearp

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

powerclaw1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to be the dumbest question I've ever asked on this site but I haven't for the life of me figured out how to click links in the email app. I'm on PSTV by the way so touchscreen isn't an option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative