Hacking Don't hold on to anything. New Vita "tricks" from mr gas

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Here are some examples for launching Package Installer, use them.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/INFO_PKGINST.html

Oh, and I remember that not all email providers could be used to send Package Installer email; if you're 100% sure you're doing everything right yet it doesn't work, use another email provider.
ok , i was missing the dot in the end

Bam1b4h.jpg

i sent it back to my PC and downloaded the small file
what now ?

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Last edited by Cyberdrive,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
"Blown wide open"

I kek'd.

Some ok things will come around with this, but no homebrew/"backup loaders" = not even close to "blown wide open". Custom themes are nice, I guess, and the PS TV stuff is coolio but otherwise nothing much else seems too "interesting" compared to what an actual Vita exploit would do.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Some ok things will come around with this, but no homebrew/"backup loaders" = not even close to "blown wide open". Custom themes are nice, I guess, and the PS TV stuff is coolio but otherwise nothing much else seems too "interesting" compared to what an actual Vita exploit would do.
Well, there IS a backup loader, except that it checks the presence of the original cart to run the backup. Still, this seems to be enough to allow mods such as undubs and (partial) translations. Also the Package Installer is back, which means out-of-region (read: Japanese) demos can be played again.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well, there IS a backup loader, except that it checks the presence of the original cart to run the backup. Still, this seems to be enough to allow mods such as undubs and (partial) translations. Also the Package Installer is back, which means out-of-region (read: Japanese) demos can be played again.
Hence I had it in quotes, the intended meaning was, of course, pirated games. :P

But yeah, translations I guess would be nice, but otherwise meh

Reactions: Selim873

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, homebrew would have between nice. I assume "No homebrew" means "No bringing PSM to 3.52?"

The other tweaks and features are great though! When someone ports an eCFW to 3.52 and making a bubble for it using this method, I'll be happy. It's definitely a great start!

ReigningSemtex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol at the amount of people asking if this enables piracy. Good to see the vita scene is getting in motion it's a great system just hasn't got much love from Sony

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol at the amount of people asking if this enables piracy. Good to see the vita scene is getting in motion it's a great system just hasn't got much love from Sony

I think only a handful of people are actually interested in homebrew for anything other than piracy, especially in the days of Android/iOS phones with higher resolution than a PSVita screen and controllers. The enthusiasts are excited they could trick the Vita to run arbitrary code, while everyone else just wants Mario through a Nintendo emulator or free Vita games.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
especially in the days of Android/iOS phones with higher resolution than a PSVita screen and controllers.
Those virtual controls, tho.

And if you're using a controller, you're really hacking away at the portability of it all. I wouldn't say they're substitutes so much as they are last resorts.

Reactions: yuyuyup

AO88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we at least play undubs with this? Or rather, what are the chances of this exploit letting us play undubs?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Can we at least play undubs with this? Or rather, what are the chances of this exploit letting us play undubs?
What do you mean undubs? The Vita is region free, you could just use a JP account to buy whatever JP game you want without English dubs, you don't need to modify or hack anything.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean undubs? The Vita is region free, you could just use a JP account to buy whatever JP game you want without English dubs, you don't need to modify or hack anything.
he wants jap audio with english text. Most vita games have this as an option however

AO88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm talking about replacing the English voice audio files of a game with the Japanese ones. Just like the Tales of Xillia Undub, for example. Or like the Persona 3/Persona 4 undubs in the PS2. Having that option would be nice.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
he wants jap audio with english text. Most vita games have this as an option however
...which is exactly my point, there's nothing this is required for beyond maybe having someone translate those few games that don't have English subtitles, you could already get most JP games undubbed.

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, homebrew would have between nice. I assume "No homebrew" means "No bringing PSM to 3.52?"

The other tweaks and features are great though! When someone ports an eCFW to 3.52 and making a bubble for it using this method, I'll be happy. It's definitely a great start!

so much for being "blown wide open" i was really looking forward to homebrews and emulators on 3.52

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so much for being "blown wide open" i was really looking forward to homebrews and emulators on 3.52

Well, it hasn't even been released yet, so we'll have to wait and see. But, at least on my end, I could probably downgrade to 3.15 using something from this. What I was told on the Wololo forums; The Vita saves the last firmware it was on in it's NAND in case of a disaster, so if 3.52 fails completely, it would load the older saved firmware. The email exploit will let us mess with files even in the NAND partition alone. I REALLY don't want to be the first to do this since my Vita is literally the only Vita I own, but if you were to hinder the 3.52 NAND files to pretty much destroy it, but leave the previous loaded version intact, the Vita would wake up to that. 3.15 was what my Vita Slim came with, and I updated straight to 3.52. I wasn't interested in homebrew on the Vita at first, which is why I updated.

So if something like that were officially possible, some may be lucky.

Last edited by Selim873,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI