Hardware Does my Desktop needs any upgradation?

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads-up, keep your eye out for some cheap GPUs on eBay in the coming weeks.

If you've been following the whole "Bitcoin" scene, you'd know that the market has crashed and a lot of people are trying to sell their Bitcoins fast. This also means that people are selling their mining rigs. I saw one guy on /g/ trying to unload 9 6970s for real cheap.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'll check out prices by going to shops and talking face to face.
I'll posts later about which GPU is in my budget.
As for now I'll go with Originality's choice
tongue.gif

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... it's hard to explain, but I doubt you'd find anybody willing to throw you (or anyone for that matter) a bone over at /g/
tongue.gif

Basically (from what I've seen) they *were* basically a virtual currency that could be sold to buyers for real-world money. I believe at one point one bitcoin was selling for $15USD. You had to have a dedicated rig solely for the purpose of mining, which required a powerful GPU and a ton of cash to spend on your electricity bill.

2wqttgn.jpg

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I just saw Amd Radeon Hd 4870 which can be pretty much in my budget.
It looks just awesome for the price it is for
tongue.gif

I guess I'll go for this one if no one is better than this in its price range .
wink.gif

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Originality said:
HD 4870 = 5770 = 6770 roughly. Each generation adds extra stuff and tweaks and refinements, but in terms of power that's roughly how it goes. I'm to lazy to turn on the comp to get links to support that.
Checking in progress........

EDIT:-Just saw HD 6850 also in the budget:P
Sorry I'm a bit choosy so forgive me

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
alex_0706 said:
if you want a very good pc you need to pay around 2000 dollar/1700€
then you can do somteing with your pc/desktop
Your definition of "very good PC" must be a lot more extreme than mine. I merely think a "very good PC" is one that can handle the tasks it is needed for without any problems. A "very good office PC" would only cost around $400 and a "very good gaming PC" would only cost around $900. You can go cheaper, but that only depends on the budget and what gaming environment is required (playing on 40" monitors at max resolution requires a teeny bit more power than playing on a 17" screen). Every now and again people ask me to find the best selection of parts in the Market, and that usually doesn't go above $1600. A $2000 PC...

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well....The need for my upgradation is only for playing games just on lan (multiplayer).
I have a laptop too but it is for some personal needs.

I can play Crisis 2 at full graphics on my laptop,but I just need only a little bit of upgradation which will last long.(like the GPU).

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I just Toms Hardware do the heavy lifting

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-g...ard,2964-3.html

Basically pick a budget. Figure out what card is best. Then go buy it. Can't go wrong!
smile.gif

I have a similarly speced system as yours. Q6600/PK5Ewifi/4GBRAM and upgraded my really old 8800GT with a 460GTX. It's worked wonders. You'll probably do fine with a GTX560.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Originality said:
Or, if he can't afford a GTX 560, go one step down with a 550. Or a HD 6850 as mentioned. It all depends on your budget and the prices of parts in your country.
I'll get one when my B'day comes coz my parents will buy it
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.