Homebrew Does Genesis Plus GX not support 32X?

HeavyMetalLoser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no option to load 32X games, and when I try to load one with any of the other options I just get an error message. Does it not support 32x games or am I just stupid?

On a related note, is there a way to separate my roms so that, for example, it doesn't show Master System games when I select "Load Genesis game" and vise versa?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't support sega 32x games and supposedly the wii can't handle sega 32x emulation in general.
If you want a somewhat easy to hack console that can emulate sega 32x games then the original xbox can play them.
As for the 2nd question, i think i never had that issue becuase i separate my roms in folders based on systems.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It doesn't support sega 32x games and supposedly the wii can't handle sega 32x emulation in general.
If you want a somewhat easy to hack console that can emulate sega 32x games then the original xbox can play them.
As for the 2nd question, i think i never had that issue becuase i separate my roms in folders based on systems.
xbox can play them but most 32x games that use "3d" like graphics run like ass unfortunely so up to now i dont think any console has a fully working 32x support, i mean only32x sprite games work fullspeed.

Reactions: cvskid

azzarod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, is there a specific game that is a "must-play" for 32X, or are you just after a complete set of retro-SEGA games?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by MikaDubbz,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Aw snap, I must have missed this memo. Finally i can get Knuckles Chaotix on my Wii U!
Edit: well I just tried Chaotix in Retroarch on Wii U and it crashed trying to load the game. Wonder if only the regular Wii build can handle 32X at this time? Pretty dumb if true.
I tested Knuckles' Chaotix (SEGA 32X) with this original Wii version of PicoDrive core of RetroArch Wii (from Libretro) and it works great

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw snap, I must have missed this memo. Finally i can get Knuckles Chaotix on my Wii U!
Edit: well I just tried Chaotix in Retroarch on Wii U and it crashed trying to load the game. Wonder if only the regular Wii build can handle 32X at this time? Pretty dumb if true.
I just tried Chaotix on 1.9.7 stable on Wii U and it worked fine, albeit with some slowdown. It doesn't seem to need a BIOS file either, so I dunno what could be the problem. Maybe try "Browse Archive" instead of "Load Archive" if you were loading it that way before.

Somehow it seems to run a little better on Wii, though unfortunately RA on Wii currently has some (unrelated) issues that make it harder to use.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried Chaotix on 1.9.7 stable on Wii U and it worked fine, albeit with some slowdown. It doesn't seem to need a BIOS file either, so I dunno what could be the problem. Maybe try "Browse Archive" instead of "Load Archive" if you were loading it that way before.

Somehow it seems to run a little better on Wii, though unfortunately RA on Wii currently has some (unrelated) issues that make it harder to use.
Ah, to be fair, I was using the latest nightly which wasn't yielding any other issues across multiple other cores, so maybe I was giving it too much credit and considering it a stable release when it really isn't.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo