lAl3x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I installed the HWFLY chip the other day everything seems to work except when I put it in docked mode is black not showing anything on the tv

Did try to log on to Original Firmware and Custom and non of them showed up in docked mode,

Do I need to do a special setting or something? or might be something from Chip?

Thanks

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Assuming you haven't jacked up your chip install you can try this
Disconnect everything and start from the beginning:
FIRST plug your USB-C into the dock
Next plug your HDMI
Next power on you TV

If that doesn't work, in handheld mode try changing the console resolution settings
AND if that doesn't work then its a hardware issue either from the USB port (debris or damaged) or shorted IC (P13 or that other power management chip).

Good luck.

lAl3x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
original dock from Nintendo , original charger and hdmi , was working fine before the chip .

Assuming you haven't jacked up your chip install you can try this
Disconnect everything and start from the beginning:
FIRST plug your USB-C into the dock
Next plug your HDMI
Next power on you TV

If that doesn't work, in handheld mode try changing the console resolution settings
AND if that doesn't work then its a hardware issue either from the USB port (debris or damaged) or shorted IC (P13 or that other power management chip).

Good luck.
Hello

Thank you for your guidance, tried everything, and the console is brand new and was working just fine before the chip, someone suggested that the person who installed might have made something up and that might be the reason, i order a new Deck even this one is 2 weeks old and try it, I have seen on Reddit someone saying about turning off and fuse it with bin file then changing the resolution, I do not know what is he talking about if anyone have a guide how to do this, please?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-22 162759.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-22 162759.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 19

lAl3x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Procedure is written on the official support page
https://www.nintendo.com/my/support/qa/detail/33832

See if that helps. Sorry I cannot help you if there's a hardware issue you have to open up the console and check around those chips because they are mostly the cause of this issue.
Thanks for the suggestions, bought a new dock station and the same black screen, i noticed something else as well when I connect to the original charger from Nintendo the console is not responding anymore definitely is a hardware issue, trying now to get in touch with the modder to fix it. Thanks again for the suggestions

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestions, bought a new dock station and the same black screen, i noticed something else as well when I connect to the original charger from Nintendo the console is not responding anymore definitely is a hardware issue, trying now to get in touch with the modder to fix it. Thanks again for the suggestions
USB-C port is probably broken.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You need to probe around the M92T36 and see so nothing is damaged around it. It's the chip responsible for switching to the dock.

I suggest checking up some repairs on youtube. Since they often measure around it so you get some idea what numbers you need.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah not sure, as the USB is working with the pc as it charges and recognizes file transfer with USB connected in pc , thanks for the suggestion
charging and PC recognize does not mean all 24pins on the port are good, the TX,RX 4x paris dataline for HDMI signal are not used for anything you mentioned above. Not to mention the choke filters for hdmi ic may broken/open circuit leading no dock signal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land